Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just discovered this and thought I'd pass it along. Maybe you all knew this and I just didn't, but just in case... I think that the preset drop shadows, even set on the lowest, is too much shadow to be realistic. so if you click on the sun on the layer your on a little box comes up with slide bars. The preset LOW uses 21 as the default for distance and something else (forgot what it's called) and 75% for opacity. If you lower the first two down to about 5-10 and the opacity about 10 or 15% less so about 60-65% it makes a smaller, less bold shadow that looks like the object isn't so far off the page. I hope that makes sense.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if you have other elements to shadow and you don't want to go through that whole process you can right click on the layer you like the shadow of and select "copy layer properties" (I think that's what it says) and then right click on the layer you want to be the same and select "paste layer properties"

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also change the direction if the want the light to be coming from a different angle. I'd have to go look at my buttons to describe it, but it is probably different than yours anyway. Still, if you can't find it and want to know, I'll do my best to describe what I do, hoping it works for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey cass Have you ever printed your screen. You hit shift print screen which is at the top of your computer keyboard...Once you do that you paste it in a a Desktop program...

The only reason I am suggesting it is because I couldn't figure out what you ment I am a visual person.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I guess you all know that you can move your shadow to where you would like it to be with your select tool while your shadow box is still open.
    Lynn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also can change the color ot the shadow to the color of the element. I'm leaving in a few minutes so I can't explain right now . but it maks the shadow more realistic. I HAD TO PUT IN MY TWO CENTS BEFORE I LEFT. Have to go miss you. Lynn has my e-mail address if anybody wants to talk. bye Lynn miss you. try to catch you when I can.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Dalene has a safe trip.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so it seems like I'm the only one who didn't know about this!

Stacy - I knew I would sound confusing describing it. I haven't printed my screen, I'll have to try that out. I was writing from memory of what I did last night so that's why it probably sounded very confusing.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cass,
    seriously doubt that you are the only one who didn't know this...more likely those that didn't know are just rushing to TRY it
    I'd rather you mention anything new to you than risk not knowing some hint that would make my digital life easier, so thanks for taking the time to post it!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I think is so funny that if 5 of us got together and told how we did something, we would probably have 5 different ways. lol

I'm sure you all could teach me things even though I've been doing it for 10+ years because I had to train myself and when I was doing that there wasn't any of these great digi tutorials available to help learn it, so I just had to dig it out and find out now that sometimes there are easier ways to do things.
    Lynn