Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 9 million and one scrapbooking magazines. I hang on to them for inspiration on pages. I have so many I could start my own news stand. I needed to get rid of the clutter so this is what I did.

Back to school is coming up and I purchased 100 of each color of these index tab things. I have a die cut but these are pretty big. I cut the layouts I liked out of every magazine. Some were big and I have a binder with slip sheets for them. Each color means something to my prefrence...I sorted them according to how many photos are one each page...and then I have title and idea emblishements on another. I have attached a photo. I hope this all makes sense..This works for me...I am sure there are much better ideas out there...

*note the cards are a larger index cards size. I haven't purchased a box for them but I will..It will be nice to just have to put a box on a shelf and save 4 shelfs where I had the magazines....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea! I just have all my ideas cut out or printed out and put into file folders. I like this better, it is more organized.

I'm cleaning out too. What started out this morning as a simple "straighten up my desk" has now turned into a huge project. I'm waiting on a huge order of pictures to come in the mail. Hopefully, when they arrive, I will be more organized and ready to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing you idea! I have magazines too from the last few years I just can't get rid of I will have to make a trip to WalMart to check out how to make your wonderful idea work for me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea. I generally pull what I like from my magazines and pass them on. My friends do the same and it seems to work. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rip the ideas I like out of magazines too - in fact I just went through about 5 magazines and did this, and tossed the magazine when I was done.

Now I have a pile of ideas that I need to do something with.

What I have found though, is that I rarely go back and look at anything for inspiration, because I am in my own little scrappinb world.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the magazines but print a lot off line. What I do is open up a blank word document and label it at the top. If I am sitting down for an hour so going through say one particular site, I will copy and paste but paste them on sheets that have things in common.

Instead of doing themes, I decided to do my with home many pictures are on a page. I also copy and paste just sketches or layouts. I then put them into a 3-ring binder and have dividers between each with the divider named appropriately, 1 pic, 2 pics, etc. It has worked out really well.

In addition, I also have done that for cards, but have that in a separate notebook. I also, in the card 3-ring binder, made sections for "altered items" for ideas, "how to's", etc.

I recently went to my first "crop" that was held at a friends house. There were two people who were experienced scrapbookers and were having a hard time coming up with ideas. So, I pulled out my "layout" binder and they fell in love with it because they had the pictures they wanted to use but just couldn't come up with the layout. So, by the end of the evening, my binder was passed around for the ideas.

Anyone I really hope this makes sense.
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't pull many items from the magazines, except for the pagemaps. So...I haven't run into storage problems yet. I have a neighbor who shares her mag with me so I don't have to spend the bucks. I pull a lot of my ideas from the challenges and all the LOs you ladies post. I hope I don't run into storage problems as my area won't hold much.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tare out the pages of selling you stuff and I just leave in the mag. the ideas I want to try or techniques I want to try and that way I just have what I want and nothing more.

I also did try taring out just the pages I wanted but then I figured out I would have to buy 100's of page protectors to keep them all in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the idea. I will look for them next time I am at WalMart.

Diana
    Diana

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for this idea - will definitely be looking for these as a way to clear out my magazines.
    Barb K

porud mommy to Timmy (11) and Alex (7)