Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was given a black set of luggage for Christmas and used it for the first time last weekend to meet hubby and family in Las Vegas for the new years holiday. Of course, everybody and his brother has black luggage coming off the planes.

I want to put something on it that will make it readily identifiable, but want it to be something cool! I wondered if I could decide on a design if I could cut out paper and use deco podge to glue it and over it to protect it. Don't know if that would stay or not.

Does anyone have any good ideas for me?
    Lynn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tied lots of ribbons to the handles of mine. It was for SURE that no one else had anything like that! Ginny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you make tags out of altered laminate samples from Lowes or HD and attach it to the handles.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the decoupage would stick and stay on since the surface is soft. If it is hard side luggage it might work.

I also tie bright colored ribbon to the handles of my suitcases. I also saw a show on carol Duvall where a guest painted items on her suitcase. Very cute. She painted lingere on a ladies balck suitcase. Toooo cute. I can't paint but you might be able to block out an area on the front or back of the suitcase and paint with a light color and them rubber stamp a design in permanent ink. I would think you would have to put several coats of a sealer on top of it.

I like the idea of the laminate samples from HD or Lowes. They have some really large ones that would work great. Only problem I see is someone stealing your tags because they will be sooo great. I would use wire ties to attach them with because they are not easily removed.

Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Carol Duvall once they took black luggage and painted on it. She had some of the most amazing flowers and fall things painted. I wish I could remember what the name of the show was.

I found it... You have to look at these... I loved them.... The Carol Duvall Show
    I would love to be able to paint like that.....

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew I had seen some painted somewhere.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the painted idea is best, or the stamped images, and then sealed. I know the decopage won't work as I did that with a purse a few years ago. After a few uses, it was a mess. Painting on luggage would be like painting on a canvass.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lynn if you really want to make it your own you should graphic design something then pass it off to someone that has a wishblade that can cut out your design for you and you would have a stencil, then just use stencil paint and sealer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you paint your luggage I wouldn't use Folk Art brand paints. They are very watery and you will have to do several coats to get a good rich color. I would recommend either Americana or Delta paints. Both of those will give you good coverage, rich colors, and they are very blendable. They aren't watery either. I love Pricilla's work, but I don't like Folk Art paints. Tried them and pitched them .

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barb, I agree with you on the paints. I don't like Apple Barrell for that same reason.
    Lynn