Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, saw this thread on another board and some people had REALLY genious ideas!!! Since I am cheap, thought I would see what you guys use on your pages that is free/very inexpensive....

Some ideas I like -

Use alot of memoribilia from events - ticket stubs, programs, napkins, etc...

I love tags from clothing - I ALWAYS save the safety pins if the tags are pinned on. Sometimes the tags are fabric and have really neat designs.

Also, neat idea to save tags from clothing your children have outgrown and use on the page that they are wearing the outfit so you can look back and see what size they were or what brand was in style then. This is a neat idea that I am going to implement with my son's 12-18 month clothes.

Free calendars that businesses give away - tear out the month and circle days for a neat embellishment to document the date of the event.

Anyone else???
    Meredith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I guess I would have to say all the yards of ribbon I got from ACM for 60-70% off. Kinda went crazy.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to get those coaster from Applebees or Chili's and alter those and add them to my books.. I have stacks and have yet to use them..

I use the tags too.. my DD got one and i saw the tag, asked her if i could have it.. LOL w/a strange look she said sure! LOL

There are some more.. but i can't think off hand..

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ideas ladies.
    You are so creative.
    Cynthia
    Creative Memories
    www.mycmsite.com/cmonroe
    Your Life Your Story Your Way

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAINT CHIPS!! love 'em- have pracitically every color- and am > < this close to be being banned from WalMarts paint dept! LOL!!!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second on paint chips.....with the larger ones you can cut a whole sizzlit die....it's the perfect size....and oh, the colors!
    Yeah, I know they're watching me to see if I ever buy any paint.

Marsha
    life is uncertain, scrap first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Javamom, I collect paint chips also but have not used them yet. How do you use them? Give me some ideas.
    Mickie

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Taffy:
    I like to get those coaster from Applebees or Chili's and alter those and add them to my books.. I have stacks and have yet to use them..
    I've worked in both places, if you ask your server they will give you a stack of new ones!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband is always going into lowes and home depot and wallmart and he gets me paint chips also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MY DH is an electrician and I have access to tons of free wire, lol! Just take off the outside covering to get to the copper wire inside. If you have new construction in your area you could ask the workers for some scraps.

Don't forget you can scan or copy just about anything from labels to objects and print on af/lf cardstock or paper. My grandson graduated from pre-school yesterday so I'm going to scan his diploma and his invitation to preserve the originals and to print smaller versions on the LO I will be doing of his graduation.

I buy red tea at the health food store and the metal cannisters are perfect for altering.

Old library books that you can buy at their sales for a quarter. You can use the pictures from the books and also use the books to alter.

Nature- pressed flowers and leaves, sand, seashells...