Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrace Tower/Biggest Pool
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrace Tower/Biggest Pool
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrace Tower - journaling:

In August of 1971, my parents packed us up and moved us to Honolulu, Hawaii. We left our home in Washington and rented it out furnished, storing most of our personal belongings in a garage we had on Center Street along with our winter clothing which was stored in a wooden casket crate that was used to transport a casket back to the states from Vietnam. Dad left a week before we did to find us a place to live, and when my mom, brother and I arrived in Oahu on my mom’s birthday, dad took us to our new home for the next year at Terrace Tower. Our furnished two bedroom bottom floor apartment was located next to the elevators, garbage chute and laundry facilities. Bruce and I were fascinated with the elevators and we rode them up and down, getting in trouble by the landlord. Bruce overdid it in the sun getting severely sunburned and we had to take him to the emergency room. Bruce and I also shared a room with a twin bed, sleeping in opposite directions without covers.

On Monday when dad took us for a drive, I asked him if he would stop by where we once lived. I recognized the backside of the building from a distance as dad was driving towards it. We stopped to check out the pool and dad took a picture of me outside the door of the apartment where we once lived over 35 years ago. I don’t remember the apartment building being as rundown as it is now, but it was fun to go back and reminisce about when we lived there. We moved back to Washington in January of 1972, just a few months shy of a year.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the BIGGEST POOL ever!

Journaling:

Bruce and I have many fond memories of the Terrace Tower apartment pool. Being 8 years old this pool was the BIGGEST POOL ever! We spent many weekday afternoons when school let out and weekends in this very pool along with the other kids who lived in the building, using the pool all year long, even when it rained. I remember playing Marco Polo and other water games more than once. It was here that I really learned to swim and dive. When dad stopped for us to get out of the car, it was amazing how ‘big’ this pool really was. When you are 8 everything looks so big, however, by today’s standards this pool would be considered just a big hot tub.
    bonnie

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's funny how things are so big when you're little!! Great journaling!! and i love the fonts that you mixed up!! great job, Bons!! loven it all!!! (what fond memories)

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great LO and what great memories. Love the paper too, wild and colorful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TFS the great memories with us, awesome LOs, I love that paper, wow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you posted what the journaling said...I was looking at the pool thinking 'That pool doesn't really look that big', but then I read the journaling and it makes sense!
    What a great memory to scrap.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great LO bonnie. So nice that you have such fond memories to tie in with current pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie, I have also returned to places I lived as a child and it is amazing how things shrink. Ithink it is great that you got the chance to reminisce. The LO is great and the way you journaled gave us all the BIG picture.
    Judith