Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I've been thinking about it and doing the research and I took a deep breath and finally did it. I ordered a coil binding machine. I got free shipping, free $38.00 crimpers, and free coils up to $50.00(comes to ten boxes). Each box has 100 12" coils in it so it should last me a long time. And there are 19 different colors to choose from including silver, gold, and clear. You need to scroll down the page to see the one that I got.

http://www.filmsourceinc.net/officecoil46_manual_coil_p...chine_3011_prd1.html

I decided to go with this one because:
    A) the Rubicoil only does 8-10 sheets, 4 sheets of cardstock.
    B) the Rubicoil is more expensive
    C) you can't disengage pins you don't want to use on the Rubicoil
    D) I talked to the owner of the company on the phone about the Rubicoil and he was very nice and went 'way over' the extra mile to get information for me and called me back within 20 minutes
    E) not only can I use this to make my own scrapbooks, I can use it in our homeschool too

My DD's are always giving baby showers for their friends and we make little scrapbooks of the showers afterward for their friends as gifts. This will be wonderful for that, plus I will be able to make my own journals/scrapbooks/cookbooks/etc. to give as gifts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I've been thinking about it and doing the research and I took a deep breath and finally did it. I ordered a coil binding machine. I got free shipping, free $38.00 crimpers, and free coils up to $50.00(comes to ten boxes). Each box has 100 12" coils in it so it should last me a long time. And there are 19 different colors to choose from including silver, gold, and clear. You need to scroll down the page to see the one that I got.

http://www.filmsourceinc.net/officecoil46_manual_coil_p...chine_3011_prd1.html

I decided to go with this one because:
    A) the Rubicoil only does 8-10 sheets, 4 sheets of cardstock.
    B) the Rubicoil is more expensive
    C) you can't disengage pins you don't want to use on the Rubicoil
    D) I talked to the owner of the company on the phone about the Rubicoil and he was very nice and went 'way over' the extra mile to get information for me and called me back within 20 minutes
    E) not only can I use this to make my own scrapbooks, I can use it in our homeschool too

My DD's are always giving baby showers for their friends and we make little scrapbooks of the showers afterward for their friends as gifts. This will be wonderful for that, plus I will be able to make my own journals/scrapbooks/cookbooks/etc. to give as gifts.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohhh i'm jealous!!! WTG!! let us know how it works and the pros and cons w/this machine!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!!! I never thought about this tool. I have two of them!!! I used them for my business when I was publishing needlework patterns that were not bought by the major magazines. Jeepers! Why buy scrapbooks when you can bind your own? Well, now I am jazzed...another turn in the road to creativity.

Have fun with your new toy! It sounds like you already have wonderful plans for it!

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds wonderful... my question how much are you charging us ... Your frinds to bind something...LOL. Just kidding. But would a small book like that sell on e-bay??

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! I can't wait to see all your creative work with your new toy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bitaglitz:
    Wow!!! I never thought about this tool. I have two of them!!! I used them for my business when I was publishing needlework patterns that were not bought by the major magazines. Jeepers! Why buy scrapbooks when you can bind your own?

Judy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly! I noticed recently that our HL is starting to carry scrapbooks with coil bindings so why pay the high price if you can make your own?

Don't forget to show us the new scrapbooks that you make with the binding machines you have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tlc3plus:
    But would a small book like that sell on e-bay??

Clarinda </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, I don't know. It seems like there's so many people selling on ebay it almost isn't worth it to try. You can make any size book you want from small to 36". They sell coils that are 36" long! I have no idea what kind of book you would make 36", lol!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very cool!!!!!!!!!!!
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've thought about these before for scrapbooking but did not know where to buy or how much. We had one of these when I taught school & I used it several times for classroom books. It was always easy to use & did a great job. I don't know what the brand was at school but I sure did like it.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13