Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the old postage stamps you get on SWAPS- cards and other stuff could you please save them for me. I don’t know many people where I live, so I am reaching out to my online friends. My sister is doing a fundraiser at our church back home and they are collecting the cancelled postage stamps you get on your letters. Any and all postage is very much appreciated.

If you can send me a PM, I will give you my address if you are willing to help me. I will even pay postage. I really want to get a lot for her as a surprise. I will get back to everyone if there is a due date on this. Oh one more thing—they have to be cut off if possible they want to steam them off themselves, but they will take any way you got them I am sure.

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to give me.

Janice
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the old postage stamps you get on SWAPS- cards and other stuff could you please save them for me. I don’t know many people where I live, so I am reaching out to my online friends. My sister is doing a fundraiser at our church back home and they are collecting the cancelled postage stamps you get on your letters. Any and all postage is very much appreciated.

If you can send me a PM, I will give you my address if you are willing to help me. I will even pay postage. I really want to get a lot for her as a surprise. I will get back to everyone if there is a due date on this. Oh one more thing—they have to be cut off if possible they want to steam them off themselves, but they will take any way you got them I am sure.

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to give me.

Janice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to help. What are they using the stamps for? I don't understand how cancelled stamps will help as a fundraiser. Just curious. Send me a PM with your address and I will send you some stamps.
    Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janice, I don't get a lot but I am willing to save them. I also am interested how they are using them.

Pm me with your address.

Judith
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you ladies for wanting to help.
    To be honest I am really not all that sure asked the same questions she said that they sell the stamps to collectors and the money from that goes to help familys in need. Thats why they want to take them off the card and such themselves. I dont see how you can get that much money but I guess if each family brings in 100 that 39 dollars and times that by 50+ people and you got a little cash to help out someone. Thats pretty much how I am looking at it. Not that clear but wanted to help I am going to look back on all those cards i save and cut out the stamps. All the stuff i save I should have at least 100 in one box of papers....hahahaha

Thanks again, Janice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi janice, i'll be more than happy to send you some stamps. i have your addy from the lottery. just let me know if there is a due date.
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll help too, pm me your addy. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there was a lady that did this and really I think they went to sweden or somewhere. They are for stamp collectors and the people working to do something with the stamps and selling them were handicapped and the money went to support them.

it's been a while since I've been on the yahoo board but I think that's what it was.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Janice..
    We don't get a lot of cancelled stamps.. most postage is in the form of a machine type stamp but on more personal mail and other bits and pieces I do get some. The question is.. would they want them from Australia? If so... I would be happy to save them for you. Email me your address.. my email is... !!!!Safty reasons was deleted!!! and please.. I DO NOT want to be re-imbursed for postage. I'm only too happy to help.

Love... Angie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angie,

I use to collect stamps and there is a lot of money in them if you have the time to do it. Mine was just a hobby my uncle got me started. I'll start saving them for you. It is better to leave them on the envelope and cut around them. If they are selling them to collectors they will know how to take them off with out ruining them. I'll see what i can come up with.

Barb (Bardie)