Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloweeny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It time to start thinking about Halloween costumes for my DH and I and this year we are co-hosting a party where everyone HAS to dress up. It is also a party we have been to before however we have decided to join in the festivities and co-host too.

To give you an idea of our costumes from years past:

2004 - DH was Jack Sparrow and I was a Spaghetti Western

In 2005 - my DH went as a LOST fisherman and I was a lighthouse with an actual rotating beacon:

And last year we went as Chinese Takeout Boxes -Pok Flied Lice and Kitty Chow Mein:

bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keeping with tradition as in years past, I want to make our costumes once again this year. My DH and I have been kicking around some ideas, not quite as elaborate as before, but nonetheless cute. We are also not planning on entering any contests like we have done in the past either.

Our choices for this year are:

1. Geppetto and Pinocchio I know you can buy these costumes, however, we would have a little twist on this because I would be making them. Instead of me being a larger than life sized Pinocchio, I would make a box to look like a theatre and my head (Pinocchio) would be inside the window of the box and his legs (smaller of course) would be hanging from the box, like he is sitting on the stage. We would still have puppeteer strings and the wooden "T" that the strings would be connected to and my DH would be able to manipulate the strings making Pinochhio move. Now this would also mean that we would almost have to be glued to each other's side all night long and we tend to drink a lot at this party which would mean I would have to remove the box theatre for me to go. It sounds kind of complicated, however I can picture all of this in my head.

2. Is the Chef (DH) and Rat (me) from Ratouille, however, we still haven't seen the movie and I would want to see it prior to making costumes. This is probably the easiest option to do, because I can head to the thrift store to get a lot of it.

3. This is an inside joke between my DH and me, so to us it is rather funny. My DH has to know precisely where everything is located when he is talking to someone. In his mind he can't register or continue a conversation until he knows the exact location of what they are talking about (drives me nutso) so I tease him and call him Mapman! My idea (and we have discussed this) is for him to dress up similarily to Superman i.e. Mapman, his cape would be a map (or maps sewn together, kind of like those TP wedding dresses in another thread) with a big M on his cape and chest. My DH also threw out the idea of making his chest look like a road with real lights (very easy in my mind to visualize). I would be a car made out of a cardboard box and my personalized license plate would be S CAR GO (as in escargot).

Do any of these ideas sound good or does someone have any other ideas that we can kick around? We don't necessarily have to have a "couple's costume" although the past two years have turned out to be that way.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such cute costumes! I love them. You are very creative! Our church always has a fall festival for the kids on Halloween. All the "fun" people dress up. One year the theme was Veggie Tales. I made costumes for dh & I. We went as giant grapes!
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have parties at the Sr Center and DH has gone as a mountain man with long heavy beard and wig, overalls, plaid flannel shirt, horrible looking boots, an old muskett, and a brown jug for the moonshine and an old felt hat, way out of shape.

I went as a domino, black pants, black ls top, with white ribbon around the bottom of the top and white poster board spots on the top and down each leg.

I've also gone as a mime. Black pants, black and white striped ls top, red bandana around the neck and a black hat and red suspenders. I put white stage make up on my face and made up
    the eyes and lips as a typical mine. That costume has won me several contests.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to say, I may have to lift some of your costume ideas for this year.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son and daughter-in-law did Mr and Mrs Potato Head last year - it was cute.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH Bonnie - you gave me a great bellie laugh on this rainy-gloomy morning - great-great outfits! (need to see the scrap pages you do (did) for these).

I love your current ideas (MapMan is my favorite) how about going as Adam & Eve -- give yourself a break -- no costumes required. LOL

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure if you go with Sam's suggestion that you post your layouts. lol
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by crafty grandmommie:
    Make sure if you go with Sam's suggestion that you post your layouts. lol
    Umm, I <STRIKE>think</STRIKE> know I would scare everyone away. Eeeek
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROFL!!! Tooo Funny. My hubby doesn't dress up much. He borrowed a friends scrubs one year and went like that and I was a witch. A friend of ours tried to give him a cow costume but it wouldn't fit.

Hmm, see the movie and see if you want to do that or I like the 3rd idea.

could you both be cars from the movie Cars? or do Harry Potter hmmmmm trying to think of something cool. I'll probalby just put my witch hat on again this year

Ziggy