Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd type up instructions for how I am storing these stamps. Thanks I think to Dianna who gave me the idea of the index card box If I am not remembering correctly please jump in and correct me.

So what I did to start with is lay 6 stamp sets at a time on a scanner/copier and make a copy. This is for my reference book so I can flip through to see what stamps I want to use. Then I got an index card box, made some index card dividers (though I'm sure you can still purchase these) and I labeled the Box, Box 1 and lettered the dividers. Then on the photocopied sheets I layed out the exact stamps and marked on top of each sheet Box 1 (this is because I think there will eventually be a box 2 lol) then above each image I put letters. Two stamp sets will fit side by side out of the original bag. So there are two A's, two B's etc. Then I took a sticker wrote Box 1 and the corresponding letter and stuck it to the plastic sheet that you can actually see the images on. That way when I go to put them away I can look at the stamp storage sheet and know where to refile it rather than have to go back to my stamp reference book. I am having to put all my stamps in the stamp reference book since my collection is just too big to flip through to choose what I want to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you post some pictures?
    Dawn

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you keep the stamps in the original packaging? Just putting them in the box with dividers?

I want to keep all my stamps together, I have alphas, big K&Company ones, and all my Michael's ones. Any ideas for storing all of them together? I am thinking some sort of binder???
    Meredith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dawn when things slow down for me I'll take some pics.

Meredith, I am switching my stamp storage I have started by sorting into categories and photocopying the image that was on the wooden block or stamping the image to make a stamp binder. Then on the sheet I indicate what envelope the stamp is in, The envelopes have a cheap cutting board mats cut in half (available at Wal-mart 3 for 3.00 and the unmounted stamps are stuck to it and then slid into a 9x12 manilla envie. For the acrylic stamps and Tac stamps they are stuck to transpariences because they wouldn't stay stuck to the cutting mat

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will definitely have to post pictures of the stamps on the transparencies and cutting mats as I am very interested.

I have a binder already with my sizzlets and quickutz so would be very convenient to add the stamps into the binder. Then I don't have to pack another box/binder to take to crops.
    Meredith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meredith, I was thinking about what you said while my husband was driving us to dinner last night. (First time I've had a second to think lol)and it was so simple I had to laugh, I also want all my stamp storage in the same place. So since I found that my larger sets of acrylic will stick to transparencies so will my Mikes sets, the only thing I need to do different is I will scotch tape the acetate that has the stamp indicators on it to the back side of the transparency, that way I know where to put a stamp back. If you didn't like this method you could also stamp on the back of the transparency with solvent ink but the ink will stain your acrylic stamps. Then I have an entire sheet to slip into a envie. An added idea for acylic storage if you are putting them into an envie like I am, I think you should use another transparency over the tops of the stamps. The acrylic stamps are so soft I think this will protect them from being buffed against the envie or indented if something were to get pressed against them. I take this idea from the fact that it is how the acrylics come packaged to begin with.

For the index card box method
    I don't keep the original outer packaging, just the acetate to sandwich the stamps in between.

Mike's stamp sets could be stored without the outer packaging but keeping both sheets of acetate on and slipping them into a trading card sheet protector. One set per section. If you travel then I think the binder storage is a great idea for me since I only work at home the binder system isn't easy access enough. I was also worried about dust but I do think you could 3-hole punch the envies so they would fit in a binder (it would have to be the binders that fit 12x12 though, since the envies are 9x12. Don't limit yourself to my envie system, anything you could slip the cutting mat sheets in and out of would work, including sturdy sheet protectors.