Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was blogghoping and I ran across this and I thought you might like it

Being old takes up a lot more time than one would think. For instance the simple act
    of shopping has to be carefully choreographed.

First of all one must choose the proper shopping attire, something with an elastic waist is always good, but not so stretchy that when you get up quickly it doesn't! In case this happens, one must be quick with a purse or shopping bag to cover any offending view of flesh.

Once must try to purchase as many items at eye level as possible because even if one can stoop down to the floor level shelves, it is not always possible to return to a standing position without help. It is rather embarrassing to get on all fours and push oneself back up-don't ask me how I know!

Grooming is a bit different for older folks since wild hairs have a way of appearing boldly and proudly overnight or even instantly at times! They must be either plucked or waxed or shaved with frequency to discourage them. Don't feel badly that the hair on your head is thinner-the new abundance of hair on your aging chin will more than make up for it.

The Boomer's choice of car must be one that has enough room for an expanding body but
    equipped with things to accommodate contracting sight and other reflexes.

But the best thing about being a Boomer is that what you can't do today, you can start on again tomorrow!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was blogghoping and I ran across this and I thought you might like it

Being old takes up a lot more time than one would think. For instance the simple act
    of shopping has to be carefully choreographed.

First of all one must choose the proper shopping attire, something with an elastic waist is always good, but not so stretchy that when you get up quickly it doesn't! In case this happens, one must be quick with a purse or shopping bag to cover any offending view of flesh.

Once must try to purchase as many items at eye level as possible because even if one can stoop down to the floor level shelves, it is not always possible to return to a standing position without help. It is rather embarrassing to get on all fours and push oneself back up-don't ask me how I know!

Grooming is a bit different for older folks since wild hairs have a way of appearing boldly and proudly overnight or even instantly at times! They must be either plucked or waxed or shaved with frequency to discourage them. Don't feel badly that the hair on your head is thinner-the new abundance of hair on your aging chin will more than make up for it.

The Boomer's choice of car must be one that has enough room for an expanding body but
    equipped with things to accommodate contracting sight and other reflexes.

But the best thing about being a Boomer is that what you can't do today, you can start on again tomorrow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too funny!! But......Oh so true!!!
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it! Got a great laugh while relating to it! Thanks for sharing!

Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!