Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michaels vs. AC Moore –Craft Stores

Which store is better in your opinion?

Michaels is closer to me but look online at the AC Moore ad it just might be worth the 35 mile (about an hour)drive. The only reason I even looked at the website was a lady was talking to me in wal-mart and said that AC Moore had better prices then Michaels. She said the single decorative 8X11 Sheet are everyday 25cents and even better on special I wasn’t sure the price on Michaels but she told me a couple of time to check them out. I usually buy the kits if I want paper like that because then I have frames and letters to match. Wal-mart has new kits under 5 dollars with 350 pieces in them, you know all the letters and punches count but all our wal-mart had was sports. But it look like the best deal I have seen in a while I can’t wait until they come out with baby or little girl ones. I think they are pretty new to our wal-mart because they were redoing the craft area.

which one has better prices? a better scrapbook supply section?

If any one can help me that would be wonderful. I am going to try and do a poll. Wish me luck.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which store is better in your opinion?

Michaels is closer to me but look online at the AC Moore ad it just might be worth the 35 mile (about an hour)drive. The only reason I even looked at the website was a lady was talking to me in wal-mart and said that AC Moore had better prices then Michaels. She said the single decorative 8X11 Sheet are everyday 25cents and even better on special I wasn’t sure the price on Michaels but she told me a couple of time to check them out. I usually buy the kits if I want paper like that because then I have frames and letters to match. Wal-mart has new kits under 5 dollars with 350 pieces in them, you know all the letters and punches count but all our wal-mart had was sports. But it look like the best deal I have seen in a while I can’t wait until they come out with baby or little girl ones. I think they are pretty new to our wal-mart because they were redoing the craft area.

which one has better prices? a better scrapbook supply section?

If any one can help me that would be wonderful. I am going to try and do a poll. Wish me luck.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the selection at Michaels and it seems like there are always more of them around town.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <span class="ev_code_PINK"> I am sorry but I wish I could have been help to you in your quest for the best scrapbooking store. But I have never heard of AC Moore, not sure of your location but we don’t have them in AL well at least not in my town. Good luck, but I have always found Michaels to be great for the prices and selections. </span>

I've got two Michael's and an AC Moore close to me. I go to them both. I think it depends on what you are looking for. Especially with paper. The two stores have different selections. Also it depends on who has what on sale. I would go to the AC Moore store website and check out the sale ad. Then if there is something you want on sale, go there. They will at times have paper on sale 4 for a dollar, and 8 x 11 cardstock for 6 or 7 cents a piece. Last week they had bobbin ribbon on sale 4 for 3 dollars. I've never even seen those on sale anywhere else. So long story short, lol, check the sale ad and go there when they have something you want on sale. Happy Scrapping.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an AC Moore near me, though I have heard on one in Northern VA that is nice. Mike's is ok, especially with the 40% off coupon. But you just can't beat the local scrapbook stores for more variety in paper and such.

Sherri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ACMoore for sure. At mine the sales people are way nicer and more helpful. They order in Sizzix dies for me and the selection is better.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gone to both but like AC Moore a lot better. The store is neater, cleaner, more organized, and the people there are very helpful. The people at Michaels seem to be just employees...not crafters...so it's just a job to them. Price wise, they're close but I think AC Moore might even be a little cheaper. These are the stores in the central NJ area tho...other areas might be different.

Jan

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have A C Moore in Iowa. I have heard alot of good things about it. I like Archivers better than Michaels.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never heard of AC Moore all we have in my area are Michaels and JoAnn's