Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the threads on riboon, but how do you tore your fiber, Mine are wadded up in drawers I am sorry to say (and lot of my ribbon as well!I need a way to find it to use it, I got most everything else figured out - down to these! lol Visuals appreciated.
    Janelle
    HAPPY SCRAPPIN'
    Janelle
    http://scrappinscrawcrow.blogspot.com/
    2010: 206 pages - 124 nns; 45 cards - 41 nns
    nns: No new scraps!
    4 best purchases: my lightbox, my Crop-a-dile, ATG, and my Sit-On-Top kayak!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry I can't be of much help here... mine are tossed in a drawer as well; although the ones I got from swaps are in baggies by color family- floating amongst the skeins of pretty yarns that I just HAD to buy on clearance!

I will need to find some new ways to use all these fibers, or give them away! I tend to use ribbon mostly, even for tags- or maybe I am not using enough fibers together to get a look that I like??? I am determined to learn how to knit those cute skinny scarfs with some of my pretty yarns...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably not much help on this either, but I keep all my fibers in one of those plastic see-through under the bed storage things. It opens from both sides. It holds a lot of fibers and I sort them by type of fiber in the bin. It stays on top of the HUGE bin that has all my mother's lace in it. Because I see my fibers I use them a lot. I always pull out some fibers to try on what I'm working on just to see how I like it. If I like it, I use it . Would not be without my fibers, love them too much!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought curtain hanger, the kind that attach to the wall & stick out 1 or 2 inches. I put wooden dowels where the curtain rods are supposed to go. Then I looped my fibers over the dowels. I hope that's not too confusing but maybe a picture will help.
    http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m38/judyjay_2006/?ac...ent=Scrapping003.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get the picture to post here but if you follow the link you can see it.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a pretty good idea. I don't think it would work for me though because I have whole skeins and a kitty . Kitty LOVES fibers too .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barb I will go downstairs in a little bit with my camera (have to find new batteries)and take a pic of my fiber storage. It holds a ton and is kitty proof or in my case 4yo proof.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can use the plastic cards that you use for cross stitch threads. That works nicely.
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry so late, I had misplaced my camera and just found it. This first pic is the sterilite tubs that I got from Wal-Mart that I keep the cards of fiber in, I also use them for keeping cards of ribbons in and sewing patterns. They are 20quart and are rectangular.

This second image is the cards themselves. I make them out of cardboard and wrap copy paper around them (was worried about the cardboard leaching brown onto fibers or ribbon if I ever had an issue with humidity, since my room is in the basement)The cards are 8 1/2 by 5 inches so one sheet of copy paper fits perfectly around. The one card shows how I use the entire card if I have a ton of the fiber. The second card shows several smaller amounts of fiber on one card.

oops had to come back to add, I just tuck the end of the fiber under a few other strands to keep it from unraveling. When it comes to ribbon I use those vinyal covered paperclips to hold down the loose end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Lori, that is a pretty cool set up you have there . I will keep that in mind in case my current fiber storage gets too overcrowded . For right now though, my current system is working for me and they are within very easy reach to my scrapping table.

Do you take whole skeins and then wrap them around your cardboard spools?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barb I use the same method as Lori and yes I do the whole skeins on the cardboard. I knit also and make those skinny scrafs and then whatever is left I use on cards.

Diana
    Diana