Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During the summer I don't watch TV shows but love movies. Has anyone found a non-mainstream movie that may have missed the "must see" list, that you'd recommend? Here's one for you: "Firelight" R rated for adult subject matter - 1830's in England - love story - I think I've watched this a dozen times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw "Facing the Giants" at my daughters house. It's a great "feel good" movie. It's a football movie, which I don't usually like but this was really, really good. It's about a hs football coach who has some real "giants" in his life to face, including another team called the Giants.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that this wasn't a hidden Movie but it is still good."The Lake House" with Sandra Bullock and Kneau Reeves. A love that trancends time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked "The Lake House", too. I should ask DH about the hidden movies. He watched a lot of those artsy films. All I can say is don't watch "The Cook, the Thief, his wife and her lover" or whatever it's called. I had to walk out of that one. It was out in the early 90's I think.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Water for Chocolate-The novel was excellent and when they made it into a movie, I had to see it. Lot of symbolism and the characters are interesting.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watch Blow Dry whenever I get a chance. It's about a hair-styling competition in England. The guy that plays Prof. Snape in Harry Potter is the male lead. It is very funny. I won't let my grandchildren watch it because there are some things I leave up to their parents to explain. I highly recommend it. You might want to check the description of it before renting.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Wedding For Bella- Indie romantic comedy with Scott Baio (of all people!-he's older and wiser in this one) Dominic (Scott Baio) is not only CEO of a company but holds down a family bakery with his 2 brothers (one is mentally handicapped). They have a close & loving relationship w/ Bella & Massimo the elderly couple who live over the bakery. When Dominic finds out Bella is seriously ill, he works to make her Christmas wish of seeing her daughter again come true! Love,laughs and a little sadness- I really loved this movie.

**In Australia the movie was released under the title The Bread, My Sweet

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Rosiegirl:
    Like Water for Chocolate-The novel was excellent and when they made it into a movie, I had to see it. Lot of symbolism and the characters are interesting.
    Yah, i saw that one too.. at first i wasn't keen on the subtitles but didn't notice after a while

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh.. Lake house.. I love that too..

~~~~~~~~`

A movie that i dont know why i haven't bought is .. The Thing Called Love. I LOVE IT! i've rented it twice from netflix and each time i've rented it i kept it for two months- almost wearing out the DVD itself - then return it and get another one hehee I really need to break down and buy that movie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost forgot about Blow Dry! I love that movie I'm a big Alan Rickman fan.

So I'll probably have to see this movie I just heard about http://imdb.com/title/tt0448124/
    it's called Snow Cakes. I saw a comerical for it/on demand in theatres. It sounds pretty interesting, Sigourny Weaver plays a verbal, high-functioning woman with Autism who's daughter is killed in a car acciedent. Now the plot outline said barley functioning but the comericial she said high-functoning.