Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Motocross stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am having a really hard time finding any Motocross scrapbooking items. My son races his dirt bike and I can't find anything for his pages. I did fine on from Karen Foster that had a dirt bike on it, but that's it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karen,

Thanks so much, those will work great. Hopefully I can find more also.

Thanks again,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.dennydavis.net/poemfiles/biking.htm

Always replace the cheapest parts first.

The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

The best modifications cannot be seen from the outside.

A bike on the road is worth two in the shed.

Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt at 70 mph can double your vocabulary.

Don't lead the pack if you don't know where you're going.

Don't ride so late into the night that you sleep through the sunrise.

Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul.

A friend is someone who'll get out of bed at 2 a.m. to drive his pickup to the middle of nowhere to get you when you're broken down.

A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith - and use up a lot of fuel.

Got a $5 head? Get a $5 helmet.

Gray-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.

Home is where your bike sits still long enough to leave a few drops of oil on the ground.

If she changes her oil more than she changes her mind - follow her.

If the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window and locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them.

If you can read this...she fell off! (seen on the back of a t-shirt)

If you don't ride in the rain - you don't ride.

If you ride like there's no tomorrow - there might not be.

If you want to get somewhere before sundown, you can't stop at every tavern.

If you want to ride a couch...stay home.

Keep your bike in good repair: Motorcycle boots are NOT comfortable for walking.

Learning to do counter-intuitive things may someday save your butt.

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

A motorcycle can't sing on the streets of a city.

Never argue with a woman holding a torque wrench.

Never do less than forty miles before breakfast.

Never hesitate to ride past the last street light at the edge of town.

Ninety eight percent of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other two percent made it home.

The only good view of a thunderstorm is in your rearview mirror.

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.

Saddlebags can never hold everything you want, but they CAN hold everything you need.

Seen on motorcycle rearview mirror - Warning: objects in mirror are disappearing rapidly.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.

Sometimes the fastest way to get there is to stop for the night.

There are drunk riders. There are old riders. There are NO old, drunk riders.

There's something ugly about a NEW bike on a trailer.

To ride or not to ride...THAT is a stupid question!

Two-lane blacktop isn't a highway - it's an attitude.

What do you call a cyclist who doesn't wear a helmet? An organ donor. (David Perry)

What does a Harley and hound dog have in common? They both spend most of their time in the back of a pickup truck.

What differentiates the two? The hound dog can get in and out of the pickup under his own power.

When you look down the road, it seems to never end but you better believe it does.

You can forget what you do for a living when your knees are in the breeze.

Young riders pick a destination and go...Old riders pick a direction and go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page Ideas
    Make an enlarged color copy of a picture that is "faded" or lighter in color and used that as the background, instead of colored paper. I have also done this with a map of where we traveled. Put the pics on top and it makes a beautiful picture. (e.g. enlarged photos of mountains in Colorado when we traveled in the mountain area). You can also make die cuts of the various states you travel through.
    Cut out the Harley logo from various places, or you can color copy patches or something like that. Use that in your layouts.
    Drawn roads, tire tracks, etc. with the pens to connect pictures across a 2-page spread, or more pages continuing together.
    You can just use black and orange paper that will enhance the "Harley" theme.
    I've cut out a side view silhouette of us on a Harley, put it in the lower left corner of the page, and drawn "streams" to show movement all across the bottom.
    For racing, make a checker for a flag out of square of paper. It can be a background or smaller taking up a quarter of a page.
    Find some motorcycle clip art and use this as a guide to create your own simple die-cut.
    Page border designs, such as: A border around your page that looks like a "chain"; motorcycle wheels in each corner; simple swirls that look like pin striping, or copy what is on the motorcycle if any.
    The American flag/red, white and blue colors! This is a good one for motorcycle runs such as benefit runs.
    Color copy a bandanna or denim for a background. Fabric copies beautifully.
    Take a small toy motorcycle - run the tires across a pigma ink pad or color on the tires with your calli pen and then run it across the page to make "tire tracks" - looks cool.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you thought about clipart?
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the great poems and the website it's great. I think now I can get started. YEA!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie,

Thanks so much, I have been in Nebraska we were enrolling our son for classes in the fall. Scary, but fun. It was nice to come home and find more ideas. My younger son is a big motocross buff. So this will be great. My older son is a golfer and you can find all kinds of things.

Thanks so much.

Barb