Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~~~JOLTED~~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whee! Heh! Heh! We just had a couple of jolts, here! I'd say it was probably a 5 or so. It was a small earthquake. My hubby and I are from California and Washington state and have lived through much more hefty shakers than this. But, we had a young couple visiting us, at the time, and they were 'all shook up' over it because they had never felt one before. They thought that we were having a precursor to the BIG ONE.

The people living in this area have all been warned to prepare for the BIG ONE because when 'it' hits, the Wasatch Front valley areas will drop into the earth and there will mass destruction. This area has been assigned the same earthquake warnings as California, Oregon, and Washington states. We live on the third largest earthquake fault line.

So, we had more excitement today on top of dealing with the baby racoons!

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whee! Heh! Heh! We just had a couple of jolts, here! I'd say it was probably a 5 or so. It was a small earthquake. My hubby and I are from California and Washington state and have lived through much more hefty shakers than this. But, we had a young couple visiting us, at the time, and they were 'all shook up' over it because they had never felt one before. They thought that we were having a precursor to the BIG ONE.

The people living in this area have all been warned to prepare for the BIG ONE because when 'it' hits, the Wasatch Front valley areas will drop into the earth and there will mass destruction. This area has been assigned the same earthquake warnings as California, Oregon, and Washington states. We live on the third largest earthquake fault line.

So, we had more excitement today on top of dealing with the baby racoons!

Judy
    Judy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad your safe Judy - could be the reason the baby racoons were not where they were supposed to be. Animals can sense when something 9as in earthquake) is going to happen.
    bonnie

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another good reason to scrapbook all of the excitement in your area!
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, I know that. Ussually the animals get all weird and stuff, but we did not have the dogs barking or our parrots acting differently, this time. However, you may be right about the racoons seeking a more secure shelter.

When we lived in California, hubby and I were awakened by a scrachy noise above our bed. We turned on a light and when I got back in bed, which was the infamous waterbed, a large roach dropped off the wall down the front of my nightgown!!! I FREAKED and did a quick two-step war dance all the while beating my chest! (Good thing I have ample boobs because there would have been nothing left by the time I got done beating them to a pulp!). As soon as I got the roach smashed beyond a couple of life-times, we settled back in bed only to hear a huge CRACKING sound and then the waterbed started to have a huge rip tide all of its own. We were being swamped in our own bed! Then the lightposts, outside started to arc and explode and go dark. All the while, we are shaking like crazy. When the earthquake was all over, it was deathly silent...very odd, in Califonia. That was a 7 on the richtor scale. So, by personal experience, we know that, at least, roaches can give a warning to a pending earthquake!

Judy
    Judy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an awful experience for you Judy.. and I don't mean the earthquake... I'd have just freaked if a roach landed on me <shudder> <ugh> <laugh> We don't normally get such things but this summer we got a couple and Tshina would find them and would play with them to death... <eeeek> I was worried she'd eat one.. so I asked the vet what would happen if she did... he just said "Make sure she chews them first" now how gross is that???
    On a serious note.. it must be really scarey living where earthquakes are a common thing. I'm glad this last one wasn't a bad one. We don't get them here in Victoria, Australia.. well not really. On the odd occasion we might here a 'rumble' was felt but never anything that causes any destruction.
    Take care... love.. Angie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shake rattle and roll - WOW Judy, glad to hear your Ok and safe. (a 5?- Yikes)

One of our rumbles (years ago) we could see the ripple going across the floor of the house - and a few years ago I was actually in a scrapbooking store when we started swaying and things hitting the roof - when we all got outside we realized that all the shoppers had ran out leaving their purses, etc. BUT had held tight to the scrapbooking supplies we were carrying around to purchase. Of course we all broke out laughing -- "save the supplies". It seemed to help the anxiety we were all feeling of the quake to laugh at ourselves.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know What you mean we have been in a few Tornado's one of them a (5) and it is scarry glad your ok. That story with the cockroach was the best laugh all day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duriing the earthquake in Washington state in the mid-60's, I was in JR. high school and we had one of Washington's largest and most destructiv earthqquakes. When it hit, we all crouched under our school desks. The ground swelled and rolled so violently, that my head kept hitting the underside of my desk. At the same time, as I watched out the school windows at the telephone poles, they were swaaying back and forth toward and then away from each other. The phone lines were doing double Double-Ddutch with each other!!! as the lines twirled in circles! Quite a sight. When we finally got to be released from the classroom after the quake, we had to stand near the ball field and it had sprouted mini-'Old Faithfuls. Artesssian wells had been rerouted and were spurting warter into the air!!! We had lots of after tremors that day and through the rest of the week. 'Course us kids thought that it had been a really exciting experience while our folks were all upset about it.

BTW, Sam, my son and primary family members had lots of stories about the last couple of earthquakes in Washington...probably the one you shared about. You've had a few good ones, also, lately.

And Angie, you may not have earthqquakes to speak of but you do have SNAKES!!!! ...at least that is the impression I have of Australia from the Crocodile Hunter program!!! THAT would be a real nerve inducer for me! They are on my 'Do not like' list! Ekk!!!! But, your beautiful floral cards help to make a nicer impression on me concerning nice things found in Australia!

Judy
    Judy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duriing the earthquake in Washington state in the mid-60's, I was in JR. high school and we had one of Washington's largest and most destructiv earthqquakes. When it hit, we all crouched under our school desks. The ground swelled and rolled so violently, that my head kept hitting the underside of my desk. At the same time, as I watched out the school windows at the telephone poles, they were swaaying back and forth toward and then away from each other. The phone lines were doing double Double-Ddutch with each other!!! as the lines twirled in circles! Quite a sight. When we finally got to be released from the classroom after the quake, we had to stand near the ball field and it had sprouted mini-'Old Faithfuls. Artesssian wells had been rerouted and were spurting warter into the air!!! We had lots of after tremors that day and through the rest of the week. 'Course us kids thought that it had been a really exciting experience while our folks were all upset about it.

BTW, Sam, my son and primary family members had lots of stories about the last couple of earthquakes in Washington...probably the one you shared about. You've had a few good ones, also, lately.

And Angie, you may not have earthqquakes to speak of but you do have SNAKES!!!! ...at least that is the impression I have of Australia from the Crocodile Hunter program!!! THAT would be a real nerve inducer for me! They are on my 'Do not like' list! Ekk!!!! But, your beautiful floral cards help to make a nicer impression on me concerning nice things found in Australia!

And oniska, you can have your tornados!

i'm not sure if I would pooh my shorts or not if I had to live through one of those!

Judy
    Judy