Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We take lots of photos. I think we have thousands of photos and my better half is afraid that we are going to lose them if they are stored on our computer. We bought an external hard drive and store all our photos on both the computer and the external hard drive. I am kind of weary about putting the photos on those photo sharing sites like flickr.com and photobucket.com because there is no guarantee that they won't lose the files and then our memories would be gone.

I have to say that those services are nice for sharing photos and a lot easier than sending them in emails all the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with you. The External hard drives are so wonderful. It has all our photos on it and save so much space on the computer. Now only if you could print from them rather then taking a CD in(like to wal-mart or Sams club) it would be wonderful.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a cheap photo only printer. It is great for those times that I just want one photo printed. If I have more I tend to go to Walmart and get them done to save ink and paper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janice,
    why can't you print photos from the external hard drive? If it's attached to your computer you should be able to select those.
    I wonder if you could plug the USB cable directly into a photo printer like the picturemate like you can put a flash drive in it. I'll have to try that sometime. I have and ext. drive that I use for work on the days I work from home - I'll put some photos on it and give it a try on my picturemate. BTW, I love the picturemate deluxe...you can get a photo just when you want it and it prints beautiful water -resistant photos.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put mine on cds and store them in safety deposit box at bank.