Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was playing with my Cricut last night and discovered if you find a image you like, cut it out, from there go back to the same cut page, get a photo either using photo paper or vellum and run it thru your xyron 1st using repositional adhesive, and lay it over the same opening you just cut, and put it back in your Cruicut and it will cut your photo with whatever image you selected. I used some of my beach pics and used my new "wave" image and I have adorable waves on the bottom of my pic. On one of my G'daughter's 5x7 I cut it out using a large "6" and her pic is cut out in the shape to celebrate her 6th B'day. I did have to cut some of them twice before they were removed from the matt, but they are sooooo cute! Did I confuse you? I got the idea on how I run cardstock thru my printer a 2nd time to print out my journaling. I am now looking thru all of my cartridges looking for other images to use.
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was playing with my Cricut last night and discovered if you find a image you like, cut it out, from there go back to the same cut page, get a photo either using photo paper or vellum and run it thru your xyron 1st using repositional adhesive, and lay it over the same opening you just cut, and put it back in your Cruicut and it will cut your photo with whatever image you selected. I used some of my beach pics and used my new "wave" image and I have adorable waves on the bottom of my pic. On one of my G'daughter's 5x7 I cut it out using a large "6" and her pic is cut out in the shape to celebrate her 6th B'day. I did have to cut some of them twice before they were removed from the matt, but they are sooooo cute! Did I confuse you? I got the idea on how I run cardstock thru my printer a 2nd time to print out my journaling. I am now looking thru all of my cartridges looking for other images to use.
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, you kinda lost me. Can you post a picture for me? It sounds interesting.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why do you have to put it over the opening you just cut? couldn't you just put the photo there to begin with? Or are you using it as a guide so you know eactly where everything will be?

Why do you have to put cardstock through printer a 2nd time?

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a cricut but I'm lost ...maybe a pic would help. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I get what you're talking about, but what cartridge has the Wave on it?

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry. Gone for the day. I thought I was clear as mud. Yes, I use the first cut as a location to lay the picture that I want cut by thie image. The reason I put my cardstock back in a 2nd time, is like when you are journaling on ribbon or on a small tag using your printer. You print out what you want, then use the typed area to show where to place your ribbon/tag over it with repositionable adhesive, and then put it back in the printer and it will print on top of the ribbon/tag for your page nicely finished with the journaling. I do the same with my Cricut mat. The cartridge that has the waves on it is my new Going Places. WONDERFUL cartridge. My most very favorite so far.
    Cheryl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you post a picture?
    Mickie

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never posted an image on here. Can someone give me some hints and I will post them.
    Cheryl

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add a photo you should be able to just click the "ADD ATTACHMENT" link when you reply to this post.

If you have the photo stored online, then just click the little button at the top of the reply screen that looks like a picture and enter the URL to the image.