Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if this was addressed in the time that I was off line, but I went to the post office today to mail some stuff, including a swap, and was astounded with the changes!

A regular greeting card will now be considered a parcel if is over a 1/4" thick and if it has any type of knobby thing felt through the envelope, such as a ribbon bow or bead, it will be 17 cents more than the 41 cent stamp!!!!
    A Manilla envelope of any size that is bulky and over 1/4" thick or is unsupported (floppy and loose) will be considered a parcel/package and will be charged by size and thickness. If the envelope is supported(by a stiffener of some type) and flat will be considered as a normal envelope.

It was confusing and discouraging to try to understand their policies. It has caused me to think about decreasing my involvement with swaps. It is getting expensive to participate in lots of them, as I have. Sadly, I will have to be a bit more picky from now on.

Do you all feel like you were hood-winked on this postage hike? I sure do! It is more than just a 'hike'; it is a complete revamping of their postage system!! I never heard of their intent prior to these changes. Sheesh! I guess I am getting set in my ways and expect to still be able to buy 5 cent candy bars!!!

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not too happy with it, I must admit. It's one thing to increase postage, but quite another to reorganize what and how it is sent. But I guess as long as it is still cheaper than UPS and FEDEX there ins't much we can do about it. I DO feel like they snuck it in though...I wasn't even aware postage was going up until about 2 weeks before it happened!

If it is any consolation, the post office employees seem just as confused by the new system as we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My postal employees, have tried to help me keep my postage down. But, I was also surprised by all the changes.
    Judith