Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladies, I have a few questions. I have seen CD's painted for Christmas ornaments and as I always make each of my children and nieces and nephews, and now greats and ornament each year, I wanted to do something with all the junk CDs I get in the mail. I planned to paint the front of it with white acrylic paint and then use rub-ons in the christmas motif on them, punch a hole in the top edge and put a ribbon through it to hang. I also wondered if I could stamp it.

Has anyone actually altered the CD and not the case? Do you have some pictures??

I also teach a crafts class at the SR Center and was wondering if I could do it with them??

Or does anyone have ideas for using junk CDs and the plastic CD cases.

I need help!!
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladies, I have a few questions. I have seen CD's painted for Christmas ornaments and as I always make each of my children and nieces and nephews, and now greats and ornament each year, I wanted to do something with all the junk CDs I get in the mail. I planned to paint the front of it with white acrylic paint and then use rub-ons in the christmas motif on them, punch a hole in the top edge and put a ribbon through it to hang. I also wondered if I could stamp it.

Has anyone actually altered the CD and not the case? Do you have some pictures??

I also teach a crafts class at the SR Center and was wondering if I could do it with them??

Or does anyone have ideas for using junk CDs and the plastic CD cases.

I need help!!
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen them used with craft foam made into fishs then put a fishing line on it and hang it and when the sun hits it it gives off some pretty colors. use the craft foam to make the fins and lips and use the rolling eyes for the eyes. Hope that makes sense.

Diana
    Diana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been wanting to try this and haven't done it yet but I saved these 2 links in my favorites for future reference. One I posted on another topic but I will post it again, they might give you some ideas.

http://www.pennywisearts.com/alteredcds.html
    http://catwmn.smugmug.com/gallery/428306#P-1-9

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are great sites and some cool ideas. For the SR center you might want to get some old chirstmas cards and let them make a grouping on the CD. Just a thought I save all my cards and need a place to use them...LOL.

Have fun.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy, thanks for the web site, especially the second one. They are lovely.

Clarinda, I usually save my christmas cards, but I sent them all to my niece for use in her classroom. Now I wish I'd saved them.

Diana, the fish idea is a cute one, but not what I would do for Christmas, but I might use it for VBS next year.

I appreciate your suggestions.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judith, I am sorry I was just thinking and forgot it was for Xmas. How about doing that with foam and making Mr and Mrs Santa heads and raindeers. You could use the pipe cleaners for the antlers. Just a thought!

Diana
    Diana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are very welcome Judith, I hope the websites gave you some kind've ideas to run with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diana, MR & MRS Santa might work. I'll have to see what I can work out. Thanks.
    Judith

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judith ... you might check out the Oriental trading co book... they have kits for like paper plates and they might give you an idea. I think I remember some with the reindeer and santa idea.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three