Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basic Grey/Bazzill Swap CLOSED PM SENT

This is a page kit swap where you make a two-page layout using Basic Grey and Bazzill papers. I hosted a swap identical to this three times on the DIY board in 2006, and it went wonderfully. I was amazed at everyone’s incredible work.

The kit should be enough to make a two-page layout without having to add a whole bunch more stuff. The great thing about a page kit is that it makes scrapping simple when you’re getting backed up and just need to get them down.

Mail Date: March 5
    Due Date: March 12
    Returned to you: by March 19

Requirements: For each person in your group, you should provide two sheets of 12x12 BG or Bazzill paper, as well as seven coordinating embellishments. Any paper you use must be either BG or Bazzill, since this is a brand-specific swap. You are not required to use Bazzill if you really don’t want to, but you must use Basic Grey. Among the embellishments, you must have a photo box large enough to accommodate a 5x7 photo, as well as a journal box (size inspecific). Your other embellishments may be virtually anything, but try to think about your layout as a package and provide items that will complete the whole two pages.

Signup: Please choose a group and indicate which BG line you’re going to use. I will start out with one group of five but will add a second if there is interest. If you’d like to join the second group if I open one, please let me know when you sign up.

Packaging/Mailing: I will keep my packaging instructions simple, and be more detailed in the PM if I need to. Please put each kit into its own baggie, and label it with your board name, real name, group number, and BG line. I like the big USPS Priority boxes, but you can use whatever you want as long as you don’t have to bend the paper to get it in. You probably don’t need the Flat Rate boxes, because it rarely weighs enough to justify the extra cost. Please include enough postage plus $1 or so worth of stamps so I can return it to you.

Please be on time!!! I know that people hate waiting forever for a swap to be returned to them, so I will get it back to you as quickly as possible. I will return it early if I get all the packages early.

Group 1
    1. Hostess- (line TBD)
    2. Taffy- Blush
    3. Ziggyeor- Scarlett's Letter
    4. CBScrapperMommy- Lucky
    5. Cali4niaGirl
    Last edited by Holly Smith; 01-15-2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Swap now closed
    I'm going broke saving money on scrapbooking supplies!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SIGN ME UP, HOLLY!!!

i don't know the BG lines, yet.. lemme look and i'll get back to you!

thanks for hosting

p/s - is this a new BG line that we're doing a swap with? Just wondering..

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay, there's so many pretty ones to choose from!! LOL

I'm going to do the BLUSH series.. not sure exactly which papers yet.. I"m undecided by Charmed and double dark.. - with co-ordinating bazzill papers

BTW, would those two go together?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll join! I'll do Scarlett's letter since if I need more I know I can go to HL I don't have Bazzil so I'll be using what I have on hand that matches well just to let everyone know.

Ziggy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ziggs, good idea to see what HL has!! I should've done that, too! lOl

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated to here. Thanks for joining!

Val, you might use some Cherish to help with the matching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they have the blush too I know they have some of the new lines of BG and two christmas Figgy Pudding and Fruitcake (which I spent all last year trying to find )

I'm just patiently waiting for them to get Periphery in

Ziggy

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOOHhhhh, ME ME ME ME ME !!! I have about 10 complete lines here already, so lemme dig through them all and see which one I want to use !!! YEAH !!!!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! Just let me know when you decide. I've got a ton of leftover BG as well, so I was figuring I'd just wait to see what others don't take and then just use one of those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok does it have to be the same two sheets or can I used different sheets for each kit? Just want to double check.

Ziggy