Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When using this product-Do you use acrylic paint or ink pads? (when stamping on cards) If using paints, what process do you do? Do you add a drop or two of water to the paint, then stamp? TIA Craftymaw

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only tried it with ink... and love the look. I was a clean fresh print.

So with paint I would apply thinly like ink would go on. So excess wouldn't come out sides...LOL. Make sense???

I keep buying cute designs because I can find them cheap and like how they stamp. The craft section has tons.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use the paint full strenght just use something to put it on your stamp rather than pounce your stamp into it. Good things to use are one of those pom pom's held by an alligator clip, a foam brush, one of those little triangle make-up sponges. Using the paint full strength gives you a kind of chunky look with some texture (it's hard to explain lol) but you should try it, I also like the look of it when it is thinned a bit with water. Heck acrylic paint is cheap, have fun, play! Oh I almost forgot, you can actually make designs on your foam stamp since they are usually more solid. Try applying paint in a lighter color and then come back and with a pencil eraser (new) or the end of a paint brush handle make dots on the stamp using a darker color paint. Then stamp, viola funky designs! You can also make stripes, wiggles, swirls all with the end of the paint brush or eraser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also wondered about the foam stamps that are quite cheap. I'm afraid I've had the opinion that cheap means not good. So I'm glad to know they work well.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lori for the ideas on the acrylic paint with the foam stamps. I have several of these and never used them because I didn't know what to use with them. So I now I will play with them.

Diana
    Diana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love foam stamps. I typically use them with paint and have used ink, too. I like the paint better. The ink seems to stain the stamp. The paint washes off easily with warm water. I've also made my own patterned paper with some flower foam stamps. The are cheap and them paint is really cheap, especially when it's on sale for like 25 cents a bottle. I checked with the company and the Anitas brand is acid free.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info about the Anitas paint. I wondered about using paint.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All brands acrylic paint is safe to use. When you use foam stamps with ink, just use stamp cleaner to clean off the ink. Or mild soap and an old toothbrush.