Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Page Titles??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I look at all the LOs that are posted, I notice that most of you title every LO. Is that really important. For example, I made a trip to Maine, Providence and Quonset Point, RI, and New Market, VA. Now I am SB the Trip. I used titles on the double LO for the 1st two pages of Maine, 1st page of Providence, 1st page of Quonsett Point, and 1st page of New Market. The rest of the pages of each section just have journaling on them. I've been doing this for years for trips and big events. I title more for an item that may only have enough pics for one page. I also try to color cordinate each section of the trip. Am I missing something, or leaving something out?????
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I look at all the LOs that are posted, I notice that most of you title every LO. Is that really important. For example, I made a trip to Maine, Providence and Quonset Point, RI, and New Market, VA. Now I am SB the Trip. I used titles on the double LO for the 1st two pages of Maine, 1st page of Providence, 1st page of Quonsett Point, and 1st page of New Market. The rest of the pages of each section just have journaling on them. I've been doing this for years for trips and big events. I title more for an item that may only have enough pics for one page. I also try to color cordinate each section of the trip. Am I missing something, or leaving something out?????
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that if you're happy with what you're doing, that's all that matters.

I know that I don't put titles on every page or new "event". Sometimes I just journal what the event/situation is. Gives me more room for pictures!

Pam
    Red Rubber Designs
    www.RedRubberDesigns.com
    ~*~*~*~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no rules in scrapbooking, so do whatever PLEASES YOU!
    bonnie

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judith, whatever you're comfortable with. I think how you do is fine.. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There are no rules in scrapbooking, so do whatever PLEASES YOU! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> SO TRUE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with what bonnie says, (or worded a bit differently....The ONLY rule in Scrapbooking is THERE ARE NO RULES!!) whatever works for you is the best way to go. remember these are YOUR albums and no one can say what is right or wrong for you.
    When i did my Disney Theme album i put the TITLE on the Front of the Album and Not one page got a title. I did a bit of journalling on each page but didn't feel anything else need a Title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jujuann:
    I used titles on the double LO for the 1st two pages of Maine, 1st page of Providence, 1st page of Quonsett Point, and 1st page of New Market. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds perfect, like you divided your album by chapters. I don't see any reason for titles on the other LOs. Maybe make the first page of your album like a table of contents, so when you first open the album, you know that there is more places included in the album than the first place you see when you open the book. Maybe list the names of the places and put a little picture beside each "chapter" name as if it is a visual sneak peek of what is expected when you flip through the album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in agreement with doing what suits you best. These are your creations. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. I don't think a title is something you HAVE to do.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have questioned my non-use of titles particularly when I use a sketch. The sketches always seem to have and title and a lot of room for journaling. Since I am working on my son's college baseball albums, I use the newspaper articles as my journaling and sometimes I use the opposing team's name for the title. After all there are only so many times you can use baseball terms in an album, especially since I am on baseball album #7!!!!