Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm posting this early, because I've got a meeting tomorrow morning and don't know if I'll get a chance. Hopefully I'll remember to go over to BPS and post there after midnight!

Credits:
    Flutter Friday Freebie by Karen Lewis at DigitalFreebies
    Font: Brush Script MT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That is so cool how you did part of the photo in color and part in black/white! How did you do that?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is so neat. I like how the photo is both color and black and white too.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh wow I love how you did that with the pic to put the focus on them! Awsome

Wow you're a day ahead all ready I just got out number 11 and I'm getting depressed on how quick I'm just throwing it together and not really getting it pretty. But with the size I'm working with for the 8X8 I had a lot to squish Dang who knew Jingle Bells was so long

Ziggy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this for this month's Tweak It challenge at ScrapDigiStyle. She gave a couple of ways to selectively color a photo, which you can read there. But I forgot to read, so I did it differently. Here is what I did, using Photoshop Elements...

I used the magnetic lasso to select the area containing the grandmas. Then I did an edit copy. Before I pasted it in, I used the 'enhance-adjust color' menu to remove color. Then I pasted the still colored grandmas into their own layer and carefully moved them right over their b/w version. It didn't look quite right to me...the b/w layer was still too visible, so I created a new layer and filled it with white paint, then moved that layer between the color and b/w versions. Then I used the opacity slider to adjust until the b/w layer was visible, but not too visible. I merged all layers and copied the photo into my LO. Hope that makes sense!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice layout!
    I did that with a photo once, too, but I did it differently. I opened a photo in PSE, then duplicated the layer and left it on top. The top layer I set to black and white then erased out the area that I wanted colored and the color showed from below. Here it is:

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way cool effect and I remember the hot air balloon example that you posted before.
    bonnie