Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Altered CDs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At my crafts class at the Sr Center this week, I taught something I've never done. We altered CDs. I forgot to take my camera, so no photos, but I will get one of mine and TRY to post it. There were five ladies and they did not too bad a job. We are going to make Christmas ornaments from CDs later. I will post some of them then. Thanks to all the ones who answered my questions sveral months back. You made it so easy!!
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering if you had done it with them yet.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please do try and post them. I think I want to do some altered CD's for Christmas and I need some ideas and suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoy altering cds and am sure yours turned out lovely. I actually found a cute little purse type album (cd holder) and did a family album on cd. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a clock out of a CD. Really simple. The clock works are the most expensive part.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG CAROL! This is too wonderful! I would have never thought to make a clock!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a CD label maker program it is really easy. Just say "full disk". You have to have a washer for the center anyhow so I just used alcohol inks to make it blend. Kaleidscope Kreator did the pic of my roses (12 segement round). Also, if you get the clork works with the numbers, the hands are too long. I just used the 1/4" set without numbers. I have to admit it wasn't an original idea - think I saw it on Carol Duval some time back.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! As the group has many CDs left, I just might atempt this idea. Does it hang on the wall or does it stand?
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine's on the wall, but I suppose they would stand, too. Don't know what kind of a budget you have for the group, but the works can run around $6 ea. Lots of M's coupons will be needed. LOL
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's just tooooo darn cute and what a wonderful I idea. I just thought of one to do. Will work on it and post.
    TFS
    Donna

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw