Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ladies..
    I mentioned in another message about this 'challenge' I took on. I had been talking to a friend about the flowers I make and commented that you could make them out of almost any paper so long as it was about the right weight and punched ok... I went on to say that you could even make them out of a fast food restuarant placemant.. to which she said "you've got to be joshing".. well I wasn't and here it is.. thought you might like to see what I am going to present her with

This is the placemat I used.. It's from Hungry Jacks which I think you know it as Burger King.
    Every flower, stem and leaf came from the poster.. I didn't add any colour to them.. The little "Hungry Jacks" logo came from another style of placemat because I accidentally cut through the one I was working on.
    By the way.. the placemat was completely white on the back.. thus the flowers and leaves are white on the back.. but you wouldn't know it..
    (laugh) I bet you'll look twice at those placemats from now on.. however.. I doubt they are acid free

love.. Angie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ladies..
    I mentioned in another message about this 'challenge' I took on. I had been talking to a friend about the flowers I make and commented that you could make them out of almost any paper so long as it was about the right weight and punched ok... I went on to say that you could even make them out of a fast food restuarant placemant.. to which she said "you've got to be joshing".. well I wasn't and here it is.. thought you might like to see what I am going to present her with

This is the placemat I used.. It's from Hungry Jacks which I think you know it as Burger King.
    Every flower, stem and leaf came from the poster.. I didn't add any colour to them.. The little "Hungry Jacks" logo came from another style of placemat because I accidentally cut through the one I was working on.
    By the way.. the placemat was completely white on the back.. thus the flowers and leaves are white on the back.. but you wouldn't know it..
    (laugh) I bet you'll look twice at those placemats from now on.. however.. I doubt they are acid free

love.. Angie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and here is the display...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW holy ******** that is great you are one taleted lady Margaret
    Margaret

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angie, you are just too clever! How many placemats did you use? Your friend will be amazed and dazed!

By the by, how's Tshina doing? Getting back to her normal impish self?
    Bonnie

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angie you are really something- and now add premier recycler to your many talents! That is truly awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW Angie, You certainly showed us all that there is no paper you can't transform into a work of art. This is just one more example of your amazing talent.

Bonnie was just telling me during her visit that you sent her the most beautiful card. She truely loved it and I am sure she will post it as soon as she has a chance when she gets home from her trip.

Again Angie you are one talented lady. I enjoy seeing all your creations! Can't wait to see more.

Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG that's awesome! I think you should send a picture of it to Burger King/Hungry Jacks!

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh- that's a really great idea Cass! Maybe you'll become world famous and all the fast food companies will be fighting over you & paying big $$ to have make flowers out of their placemats & maybe you'll get some free food out of it! LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angie, you are amazing. I never doubted you when you previously told us about the placemat flowers, but I thought they would have advertising on them. I never thought you would find enough color area to use. Thanks for showing us. I was looking forward to seeing them.
    Judith