Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive seen so many awesome ideas, but really need more because ribbon and alphabets are my biggest addictions. So how do you store your ribbon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have mine in a drawer of one of those small 3-drawer plastic things. I am planning on rigging up some kind of dowel either hanging horizontally or vertically on a base to set on a table top.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <span class="ev_code_RED">I've seen people use paper towel holders (both mounted on the wall and those sitting on the table) for ribbon on the roll. I thought about some of those, but right now my roll ribbon is on pegs on my pegboard so its taken care of for now. It the ribbon I buy by the yard I have no idea how to store neatly. even using thread winders, it becomes a mess...LOL </span>

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I store my cut ribbon in small zip lock bags. Snack or smaller size. I then put them on a ring. The ribbon in the zip lock bags are divided in to 3 rings. One has floral ribbon, one has ribbon that has words and the last ring is just miss. ribbon.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <span class="ev_code_GREEN">I have my ribbon in a large shoe box on dowels (the dowels are sticking out of each end. I punched holes in the long side of the box and put in large rivets to pull the ribbon through.</span>

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my rolls on dowels hanging on wall.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have my ribbons stored in shoe boxes, I then bought a small dowl rod at Walmart & cut in & half in order to make two rows in the box. The dowl rods stick out on the sides just a bit. But you can decorate the box anyway you want for much cheaper then you can buy an organizer. Works great for me!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi!! I use a diy type box that has diff compartments. I store them in colour groups.

I used to use a bag but they kept getting tangled!! I still have to finish sorting them all out!

I love ribbon

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bourght som really neat pencil boxes at wm that are larger than the regular ones. i got them on clearance for about $1 each. i cut cards to fit and wound my ribbons and other fibers around one, and store them by colors in 3 of them. it makes it very easy to see where they are. the boxes are see thru. hope that helps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some of my ribbons and fibers on embroidery floss cards. It's a great idea, but they don't hold enough. So I gave up on those and now keep them in zip loc baggies until I come up with something better.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon