Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does a font manager work? I know it manages the fonts, but is it just a separate file folder where you download fonts into? if so, are the fonts accessable through the font on the toolbar?

I think someone mentioned somewhere on the message board previously, and that there are free font managers.

I just wondered if anyone is using one and how it works.
    Dawn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Dawn, it's not just a folder that you place fonts in.

This is the best explanation I've found for what a true font manager does. Some only allow you to view you fonts to see what they look like.

"Font managers do a number of good things. They improve the performance of your operating system by letting you easily activate fonts whenever you want them and then deactivate them when you don't. Font managers also let you organize your font library. For instance, you can create font sets that correspond to each of the projects you're working on so if you use a bunch of fonts for one project and another set of fonts on a different project, you can group the fonts accordingly and activate them separately. Another way that font managers are being used these days is as diagnostic tools, taking care of corrupt, duplicate, and incomplete fonts, which can prevent system crashes and resolve font conflicts."

I was told by a computer techie the other day that today's computers will handle a lot more fonts than they used to, so unless you have lots, and lots of extra fonts, you are probably OK.
    Lynn

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This site give the instruction how to dowload the font on the system and on the Internet

http://www.australiasigns.com.au/tut...ing-fonts.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not something I'm familiar with but sounds pretty interesting. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.