Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checking to see if there is enough interest for a page kit swap. The basis will be to put somethings together that will enable you make a 2 page layout, minus paper to save on shipping. At least three things should be handmade. Other things can be brads, eyelets, ribbon, etc. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checking to see if there is enough interest for a page kit swap. The basis will be to put somethings together that will enable you make a 2 page layout, minus paper to save on shipping. At least three things should be handmade. Other things can be brads, eyelets, ribbon, etc. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
    Cindy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH...I have suggestions...mainly because I was thinking about posting something similar.

This is probably not at all what you were thinking, because it isn't exactly a swap, but I'm going to brainstorm here, and if anything works for you, use it.

Ok...here's my thoughts...I would like to be able to do a 2 page layout with items that match in color. I'm thinking each kit could have these items...

1 photomat
    1 journal box
    1 border
    and 3 other items of persons choice, one of which could be an embellishment pack (eyelets, ribbon, brads, etc)
    other possiblities could be pockets, a 2nd photomat, title, deco squares, tags, etc.

Now here's the part I'm working on. Rather than groups where everyone gets 4 fall pages, etc...I'm thinking make it kind of a round-robin. I offer a page and someone accepts and offers another kit.

For example...I post...
    I am offering a girl's birthday page kit.

You need one so you post next saying...I want the birthday page kit and am offering a halloween kit.

Person 3 posts I want the Halloween kit and am offering a Spring page kit....

etc.

Everyone can 'play as many times as they want, but can only offer 1 kit at a time, and must offer when they accept. We could set a time limit...like this swap is open until July 31st with due date of Sep 15. (example!) Then we close it, PM each other with mailing info, and wait for packages to arrive. If all goes well, we could do another, and maybe make it a regular thing.

The main problem I see is someone gets in the last offer with no one accepting it. But we could make it a given that the hostess, who started the group, also automatically gets the last kit...whatever it is.

OK...I know...a lot of bugs...but if any of this would work for your swap, feel free to adapt it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about doing color groups in addition to "themes" like fall, halloween, thanksgiving, winter, christmas... And I thought maybe doing groups with each of those themes so you get one kit back with each theme OR doing each group as one theme so you get back all the same theme. Hm, I hope that made sense, lol.
    Cindy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand what you mean. Personally, I don't need 4 page kits for Halloween, but a group for 1 ea...Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc, would work.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to do this. I would also like to get different kits back instead of 4 of the same theme. How ever you work it out is ok with me. Some groups I would be interested in is Boys and Disney.
    Thanks
    "If it's unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to participate but, I also would rather not have themed pages. Having a general colored layout is more easily used for me. So, either a grouped swap or a 'tag' swap is OK by me.

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds good, depending on when it is due and all. Also I like the idea of getting back varied themes, and color groups. Beth
    Grandma to Hunter, Autumn and Xander!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ladies! Thanks for the input. The due date would be no sooner than the end of August.
    Cindy

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love page kit swaps! But the end of August doesn't give me too much time (with needing 2 weeks for mail to arrive) so I hope I see sign-ups for this really soon! And one more thing, can you take PayPal for postage?
    Melissa

To scrap or to cook, that is the question!