Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update....the fridge worked, put in fridge for 45 min (although I think a bit longer would make it even easier to remove)

I have purchased some clear stamps (well actually a friend got them for me)at Big Lots. So I figure these have been sitting around a while and perhaps in the heat while being transported. But bottom line is I can hardly get the little buggers off of the clear backer sheet without fear of ripping them. My fingers are so sore from having to work to roll them off with out damaging them. Has anyone encountered this? Is there a way to make them release? What about soaking them in cold water? I've even thought about putting them in the fridge, think it would damage them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought some like that at WM and finally used my craft knife to get a portion loose and then pulled them off the sheet. Didn't harm the stamps although I thought I was destroying them. I think they are stronger than they look. Good luck.
    Mickie

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that problem too.. with the clear stamps from TArget.. I have no idea why, but i had to pull mine off as well. I too, thought i was going to tear them up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about using UNDO ? Or what about a mineral oil or something similar that is slippery. Even shortening or butter might work.

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is common. I used a friends stamps and nearly thought I was destroying it. My new journal stamps were almost the same way Judy's idea might work well, just need something to dry it off so it will stick to the block.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I did some research and it seems not all clear stamps are "acrylic" the less expensive clear stamps are silicone and are get this..."identifiable, by being difficult to remove from the backer sheet"! Well all that helpful into aside didn't find one darn suggestion for getting the little buggers off. I am able to get a side loose it's just the wear and tear on my fingers which are allready winter/cleaning sore. At this rate maybe I'll have all the sets off by Easter. I would be leary about using undo that it might chemically damage the stamps but I will try mineral oil since I know you can use that to condition butcher block counters and it won't go rancid like veg oil/butter and you can use it to condition rubber stamps. I also think I'm going to cut one stamp off with the backer sheet in tact and put the thing in the fridge. I'll come back and report my findings. Now on to find the sacrificial stamp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are hard to get off the first time too, but I just pull them as hard as they need and they are fine. No cracking or stretching.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SUCCESS!!!! Putting them in the fridge helped quite a bit. I only left them about 45 minutes (I was impatient lol) I am thinking it would be even better if you left them longer. But it is back to room temp now and no adverse effect on it's flexability or ability to stick on the mount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will need to try this!!
    I also bought some from BigLots and it took so much effort to get three small word stamps off that I was ready to burn the whole set!!