Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, going to buy my very first ink pad today but not sure what to buy. Will probably be going to Joann, Etc to get it. Problem is, I have looked last week and there are so many I'm not sure which to get -- I guess the type. There are pigmented one, etc.

I will probably just get a basic black and then perhaps a brown of some sort for distressing edges.

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS on a brand or a type to get.

Dawn
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do NOT get pigment ink for distressing, inking the edges, etc. Pigment ink is slow drying and meant primarily for heat embossing with powders. Believe me, I tried to ink edges with it and it wouldn't dry for ages and I had ink everywhere that paper touched.

You will want to use a dye ink, or if you can find them, the Chalk inks are wonderful too! Of course, for distressing you can't pass up the Tim Holtz Distressing Inks! many cool effects with these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd start with black basic ink. I think it has the word Memories on it. NICE. Love the chalk inks too. Versa Fine black is awesome black ink.

Let us know what you find and decide on.

Laura
    "Thank ewe, thank you so much." Brenda Lee Johnson, The Closer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok - don't laugh - lol, but I am also just getting my very first stamps. Can you use these chalk inks for stamps as well?
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one more question, will the inks actually say "chalk ink" or "dye ink" on the case"
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will say specifically dye, pigment or chalk ink. If you just want to do edges, there are the "cat's eye" pads at about $2 each. For black stamping ink, get the best you can afford. I've had good luck with "Brilliance" brand. For cleaning, you can get the cleaner, scrubby pads, or use soaked paper towels or baby wipes. Happy stamping!
    Laura

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the Tim Holz distressing inks also, if that's the purpose you are needing them for.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For distressing, my vote is for the Tim Holz inks as well. They are great and dry pretty quickly. They don't work for stamping however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do they sell Tim Holz inks? We have lots of the major stores in the towns next to us (Ann Arbor, MI about 15-20 minutes away)

I see someone mentioned cleaning the stamps. What do you all recommend? I see the scrubby mentioned. Is there a special solution or the baby wipes? Is there is a certain method to follow for cleaning?

I really appreciate all of your input. It is so valuable to get the feedback!!!!!!
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use just regular baby wipes for cleaning my stamps.

I bought a variety pack of ink pads at Joanns they are rubber stampede brand there were 9 I think in a pkg of different colors and are dye based. I also have a few pigment ones hat I use only for embossing. I have yet to buy the chalk inks pads or tim holz ones, yet .