Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am Plain Jane I use mats and simple lines. I rarely use all the things I have learned on my own pages. I use them more when I swap. How silly is that. If you do please post it here and tell us a little about it.

Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am Plain Jane I use mats and simple lines. I rarely use all the things I have learned on my own pages. I use them more when I swap. How silly is that. If you do please post it here and tell us a little about it.

Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if I have a style. I've seen so many things that I want to try, but I usually just mat a couple pictures with a coordinating cardstock, and use a few embellishments. I've recently gotten my first eyelets and brads (LOVE THEM), and I have gotten some ribbon that I usually use as a border on the side or top of the page when I use it. Next I think I am going to try using more than one sheet of paper. I thought for the first page I would take a piece of another paper and make a 3 inch or so stripe in the middle of the background paper. Then on the second page use the same papers, but instead of putting a big stripe on the middle, putting a small on each on the top and bottom. Does that sound like it will look good?
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would look great. I don't really have a style either. I see a lot of layout pages I would love to copy but when I get to scrappen I forget I have them saved. I got a book of different layouts and I noticed that they only had one photo per page...what a waste I fill mine full of photos, maybe thats why mine do not look like the ones in to book. I guess you could say I have abusy book. You said you use eyelets how do you like them I just watched a video and they looked easy but I have never tried them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, my style...tooke me awhile to think of a title for it. i would say that i am a do-it-yourselfer. i enjoy going to the hardware store with my dh and grabing things for my pages. eg. cabinet samples, screen repair patches. sometimes the guys in there look at me like i'm crazey and they'e not to far from the truth.lol mary

does anybody know how to fix the time on this board...it's not the computer just this site is different. thanks, mary
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my style is a work in progress. I can see how my style is changing even though it's only been about 7 or 8 months. I started out trying to get as many photos on a page as I could, but I realized that I am not making a photo album. For me it is about remembering events,etc, but it has become more of an art thing for me. I showed a layout that I was really proud of to my mother that is a one photo page and she said "That's a lot of work for just one photo" She is so practical.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lately I've been trying to use as many pics on a page (if I have a lot for a layout). I've been challenging myself to try different papers (bought a stack from Mikes of Rob&Bob--very different for me lots of geometrics.

Sherri