Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do any of you have trouble loading your Cricut with the mat? I often have to reload it up to ten times before it takes the mat. I try to manipulate it from side to side and have also just tried to bend in slightly in a half-moon shape before it feeds into the machine. I like the machine but the loading process drives me nuts.

I wrote the company and the did not address the actual trouble loading the mat. They only told me how to check the mat for defomities and how to rectify the situation if it had some bumbs on it. But, my mats are fine. The feed bars just will not grab the mat very well. Is my machine faulty? What to do?

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do any of you have trouble loading your Cricut with the mat? I often have to reload it up to ten times before it takes the mat. I try to manipulate it from side to side and have also just tried to bend in slightly in a half-moon shape before it feeds into the machine. I like the machine but the loading process drives me nuts.

I wrote the company and the did not address the actual trouble loading the mat. They only told me how to check the mat for defomities and how to rectify the situation if it had some bumbs on it. But, my mats are fine. The feed bars just will not grab the mat very well. Is my machine faulty? What to do?

Judy
    Judy

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would contact them again...they have been very good with customer service from what i hear...tell them you have tried their suggestions and it is still not doing its job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that problem also but that is after the sticky starts wearing off, I luv my cricut though even with this problem

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have this problem. It drives me crazy. I found that if I hold the bottom end up a little more the loading wheels seem to catch better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had that problem with mine. I did have one small problem when I put it in crooked and it pulled it in and bent the side of the map up a bit. I would call them again. Maybe they'll replace the machine. They are pretty good that way from what I hear.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had that problem but only once it didn't take the mat. HAve you checked out the cricut website to see they offer any other help for that? I found a bunch of answers on using my cricut over there. Very helpful!!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had that problem, and I, too, find that holding the bottom up seems to help. It seems to happen regularly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have that problem with mine. I put my mat up to the bumpers and pust the load button and it goes in just fine. Is there an 800 number so that you could actually talk to a human being and see what they say? Maybe they could have you try something while on the phone.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done some research on the machine and there seems to no anwers. I have also contacted the company and the offered no suggestions. I think that I will contact them again and see if I can return the machine. The nice thing is that I am only 40 minutes away from their company. Maybe I will go sit on their door step!!!

And I have bought three mats and all of the do not load easily. I, too, have found that bending them up slightly sometimes helps. However, I think that I will spray a good amount of adhesive to the front ends of one of the mats and see if it will create enough tacky traction for the feeder feet of the machine to "catch" the mat and load it easily. I will try it and let you know how it works.

Judy
    Judy