Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many print their own photos at home? I have used our WalMart and Walgreens but would like a more creative hand in the printing. If you print at home, what printer do you have and what size pictures will it print? I have a Dell inkjet and the ink runs if the photos get wet. I have been reading and looking at Epson, has anyone used this brand?

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many print their own photos at home? I have used our WalMart and Walgreens but would like a more creative hand in the printing. If you print at home, what printer do you have and what size pictures will it print? I have a Dell inkjet and the ink runs if the photos get wet. I have been reading and looking at Epson, has anyone used this brand?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just upload mine to Walmart.com. You just can't beat 12 cents a print! I have looked at photo printers, the ink to go with them, and the special paper you have to buy, and for me it is a no brainer! Although I'm sure it's nice to be able to print something and have it immediatetly. But I'm willing to wait a week for a whole batch of pictures.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree wal-mart is much easier. But I use an HP and the photos come out great. but remember the quality of paper is one of the key thing to remember.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do both. I do a large batch printing from walmart or winkflash. Then if I am in a creative mood and want a special photo I print it out at home. Money wise it is cheaper to go to walmart. But sometimes it is nice to be creative. I have an HP all in one 1600 printer. pretty good quality.

HTH.

Jennifer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Epson Picturemate deluxe. When I was shopping for it I went to try them at Circuit City. They printed the same photo off of a flash drive I brought in with the Epson and the HP equivalent. My son then put his sippycup on them and the condesation got them wet. The sales guy picked up the Epson photo and dried it on his Khaki pants and it did not smear at all. He didn't try that with the HP because the ink was already dripping off the print. I love the Epson - just wish it did 5 x 7's (only goes up to 4 x 6) It will do smaller, though.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use all kinds of printers becasue of the product I invented. I'd have to agree that Epson ink is better...Epson ink prints better on untreated surfaces that are difficult to print on but the ink takes a long time to dry. I typically use hps because the machines are workhorses and just don't quit! And if you use The Perfect Printing Pouch before printing on challenging surfaces, it really doesn't matter what printer you use because it dries all inks fast, and all ink prints well on challenging surfaces too.
    Happier Printing!!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also agree large batches are sent off. Special cropped one I print on HP and love it. I do let them set a while - I will print just before bed and let them sit. Good to go when I get back to them.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Canon printer and it prints awesome colors. I do mine at home because I like instant gratification . Looking at the photo printers that do thermal prints and also looking for a new camera. So far it looks like Canon may win out on those too .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since I posted my previous answer last July (wow, does time fly!) I bought another Epson. This one is an RX700 that prints up to 8 1/2 x 11 and is a scanner (scans negatives and slides too). The box called it a photo center. It does a pretty good job. The photos can be touched right away - don't need any drying time. It did a great jon of scanning my fathers slides from 35-40 years ago.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]