Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chalking

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone use chalks regularly in thier LO's? I just bought this from Oriental Trading, and would love to see some things that have been chalked, so I can you know, scrap-lift.

Thanks!!!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone use chalks regularly in thier LO's? I just bought this from Oriental Trading, and would love to see some things that have been chalked, so I can you know, scrap-lift.

Thanks!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have that set but it's funny because there's a card near by that I did at Michaels last May with them and the instructor didn't like chalk! The ironic thing finally getting to use them made me want to buy them.

I've used it on my puzzle pieces so I can't post those yet Also when I didn't have to color called for I took white quilling paper and chalked it. It also give a neat effect if you just chalk the top of the paper.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eNola -
    I use chalk ALL the time! On everything. it is just amazing what you can do with it. Even just a plain white piece of paper can be totally transformed with chalk, and actually I do that alot. Color in stamped images, shading, distressing, the possibilities are endless.
    Janelle
    HAPPY SCRAPPIN'
    Janelle
    http://scrappinscrawcrow.blogspot.com/
    2010: 206 pages - 124 nns; 45 cards - 41 nns
    nns: No new scraps!
    4 best purchases: my lightbox, my Crop-a-dile, ATG, and my Sit-On-Top kayak!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could post some samples for me on the Discussion board? I just realized that you can't post pics in this category.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use chalk alot. One of the biggest scrapping challenges, for me, is coordinating the items on my page and chalk is a great way to do that. Also, sometimes I cant find the right color cardstock but with chalk you can have a multitude of colors by coloring plain white cardstock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two sets of chalks a glimmer style and then a set of regular chalks I got at Mikes. I have only used them a few times I need to pull them out more but I don't! Maybe with more practice and use I will be more comfortable using them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesn't chalk rub off on other items?
    Dawn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that set and wow there is just so much you can do with chalk. I have some samples of things I've done on my home pc. I'll try to post them here later. If by chance you are from DIY you could do a search on the LO board there under Atty and you'll see some cards I've done using chalk. There are two in particular that I'm thinking of , one is the lighthouse and the other is a halloween card. Let me know if you find them and I'll try to get some posted tonite.
    As for getting on things if it sets long enough it will be fine, if you're unsure you can use the heat embosser quickly and that will set it.
    HTH
    Atty

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is the chalk used for scrapbooking different than "regular old chalk" that I am thinking about? Does it have some type of a wetness or something to it for scrapbooking that it dries?
    Dawn