Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new board

I haven't spent that much time looking around, but I love that little green light that indicates that the member is on the board. I also like seeing how many are viewing a post. Not that it matters, but it's cool to see

What do the buttons "wrapping text, quotes or code around selected text" mean?

Oh, and I'm having fun with the font and the colors, too!

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's

really nice to nice to have all these options.

It also tells you that people have yahoo messenger, icq, etc. Some really cool additoins.
    thanks bk

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

I am loving being able to post in more colors and fonts (I know...silly- but fun!) I also love that we can make the font larger- old ladies like me will appreciate that!

So far I have had fun exploring and have noticed something new each time I am on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just playing around

I'm playing around the new neighborhood -- ah darn, my ole puter (or maybe because I'm a mac) it won't let me change fonts or colors or do the smilies. so, boo hoo. Time to upgrade, I guess.

sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK Ladies, I've noticed that there is a little square under the number of posts, some are green and say " on a distinguished road", some say just the user name, and some say " unknown quantity". Does anyone know what that is???

It is going to be even more fun just learning all the new things on this site.
    Judith

SAS is MY Scrapbook :) Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jujuann View Post
    OK Ladies, I've noticed that there is a little square under the number of posts, some are green and say " on a distinguished road", some say just the user name, and some say " unknown quantity". Does anyone know what that is???

It is going to be even more fun just learning all the new things on this site.
    When you find a post that is helpful or not, just click the little icon that looks like this: under their name and you can either "approve" or "disapprove" of the post and enter some text. There is some super secret grading system that adds or subtracts a certain number of points. The amount of points added and subtracted varies by how many times the user logs in, posts, etc...

As the total of points that you get towards your "repuation" increases, so does your "reputation".

Ah, it was a fun thing that came with the board, so I kept it on there.

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test avatar, till i can resise old one.
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrappySam View Post
    I'm playing around the new neighborhood -- ah darn, my ole puter (or maybe because I'm a mac) it won't let me change fonts or colors or do the smilies. so, boo hoo. Time to upgrade, I guess.

sam
    Sam,
    Switching from a Mac is NOT an upgrade, no matter WHAT you get!
    Seriously though, it has nothing to do with being on a Mac. Can you see the little 'A' with a black underline at the top of the window next to the font name and size. Click on the arrow there and you open a box that lets you change to any color you want...like blue, or orange, or green or purple!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Sam,
    Switching from a Mac is NOT an upgrade, no matter WHAT you get!
    Seriously though, it has nothing to do with being on a Mac. Can you see the little 'A' with a black underline at the top of the window next to the font name and size. Click on the arrow there and you open a box that lets you change to any color you want...like blue, or orange, or green or purple!"

I've been a Mac user for eons and what I meant was that I need to upgrade my Mac compute to a new OS version. My little "A" and the colors tab are crossed out on my machine and I can't use the quote nor smilies. So, with all the updates the Web is coming up with, I may have to upgrade My computer.

sam

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrappySam View Post
    "Sam,
    My little "A" and the colors tab are crossed out on my machine and I can't use the quote nor smilies. So, with all the updates the Web is coming up with, I may have to upgrade My computer.

sam
    Well, I'm always in favor of a new Mac! (Did you see the new laptops they announced today?) But you might try making sure you have the latest browser you can use as a stop gap. Try different ones to see if any help.