Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need a questin answered, How many books do you need? I have been scrapbooking a while but only have 1 book almost done. I have a 2year old and I did a book for her first year. But when does it stop... how do I group the years together with out have a huge, heavy book. I mean her first year has like 30something pages. I just don't know. If I do one book a year she'll have 18 books and that if she moves out at that age. I just don't know how to group the years and still have enough space when I reach the end. I have a family vacation book, for my husband and I, before she was born(have not worked on that one since she was born) so I was going to add our vacations and day trips, but I feel like her book is getted cheated by not having those pages. I am a scrapper in need of help.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need a questin answered, How many books do you need? I have been scrapbooking a while but only have 1 book almost done. I have a 2year old and I did a book for her first year. But when does it stop... how do I group the years together with out have a huge, heavy book. I mean her first year has like 30something pages. I just don't know. If I do one book a year she'll have 18 books and that if she moves out at that age. I just don't know how to group the years and still have enough space when I reach the end. I have a family vacation book, for my husband and I, before she was born(have not worked on that one since she was born) so I was going to add our vacations and day trips, but I feel like her book is getted cheated by not having those pages. I am a scrapper in need of help.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am working on my baby's first year book now.

Hi my name is tina my kids are 10 and 9 I have sevral books, i think that each item should have their own book -- like a christmas book and then a family vacation book - see.

I agree, I have a scrap book for everything. I think that my boyfriend thinks I am a little wierd for having so many different books, but it is what I love to do.

I have been scrappin since 2002 and still going strong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will have a series of cub scout to boy scout books. Four out of five family members are registered members, and my little princess is always there too. Most of the pages would be "repeats" if I made each kid one. And I'm thinking of doing "special" occasion books - like christmas. Just one so I don't have to do four of the same. I haven't gone back to start the baby pictures yet. I think other than that, they will just be in a general family book. Done by month. Hope this helps.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh my goodness! time to confess! I have about 200 LO's in page protectors sitting in stacks not in books! LOL when ever I start to buy scrapbooks I find supplies that are too tempting and spend my budget on them

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing I love about scrapbooking...there are no rules... Do what you like. The first year is an easy place to start and stop....the rest IMHO...blends together. I have started doing the pages I like and if there is a trip to the zoo or something I will do a small 8x8 album or something to capture the whole trip. I have baby albums for both of my boys, a general family album and several little theme albums. I even have been known to do a tag book that fits in a pocket in the general album. If I put too many rules and must haves, I would lose this joyful hobby/habit/addiction.

No rules...just scraps.

Good luck!
    Jennifer

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have albums for each year, one for each of my boys first year, a vacation album...it just depends on you! Just remember to enjoy what you are doing and that hopefully you are documenting (journaling) all those special memories of your daughter so use as many albums as you need! Believe me she will treasure it later.

Sherri

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am with the rest of the group do what feels right. I have a vecation book and a book for each year of my kids life, and well a book that has three page of when me and my husband first met we have been married for 8 years and only 3 pages in our book crazy where time goes, but most likely I will never get back to it. Just go with the flow and do what you think is best and everything will fall in to place. You want to make sure to get all you can while she young she might not get all that excited about it now or even when she 16 but when she has kids or gets out on her own it will mean so much. Just thing of the thing you wish you have kept closer to heart, we all make mistakes and let just not let our kids make them. trust me I am not give my kids any books until they reach a point in there live where I know it will be appricated.