Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started watching Army Wives on Liftime it comes on Sunday nights. It has turned into a good show I cried last night. I thought it was going to be more like Desperate Housevives but it isn't it has episodes about parental abuse, post tramatic stress etc. i really like it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i saw the previews for it and i wanted to watch it, but never did some some reason. hope to be able to catch it on sunday.
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am loving this new show!! I have started watching this over my old faves 4400 and Deadzone. My husband even watches it with me too. I cried too on last night, very good drama!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen the 7/1 episode, but really like it. Some of the scenarios are really far-fetched, but I like the characters. BTW, military families move every 3-4 years, so you don't put down roots like they have on the show. Also, no post housing looks like those homes; if you paint your walls any color other than magnolia/cream, you have to make it one of those colors before you move out. Yes, I know I'm starting to sound like DH when he watches any military/cop show...
    Laura

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen it. My dd, who is an army wife, told me that she didn't want to watch it, so I haven't either. I might check it out though.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they had a marathon tonight. so i watched most of it. i liked it and will probably watch it on sunday.
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some Army families move in as little time as 2 years. After being a military wife, active and retired, for 40+ years, I don't think anyone could honestly portray what a military wive endures. But it is not all bad stuff. I made many good friends that I still have contact with and I got to live in 6 states, some of them twice. My two children, now grown, got an amazing learning experience and are probably more tollerant of different races and nationalities than the average person their ages.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also an army wife (retired) and I watched the first show and wanted to continue watching, but every sunday night it never fails I forget it's on....thanks 2 my boys...lol
    Come visit my blog.... Highlandeyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm an army wife too and have to admit I love the show! You just have to keep in mind that it is a "show" and not real life.

Like someone said above, military housing looks NOTHING like that HA but some military families do make roots and don't move every few years. My best friend lives at Ft. Hood in Texas and has been there for over 4 years now and never thought they would be there past a year. Just goes to show you that you never know for sure. My husband spent 16 months deployed and it was awful for me because I don't live on a military base so the "support" isn't and wasn't there. You learn to take it day by day.

The show is great though.......so far and the story lines are a bit far fetched but so is every other show out there. That's what makes it good I think.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this show. I watch it every Sunday night. Hope it stays on forever. LOL