Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, this might sound really dumb, so if it does, please forgive me. I am altering a quart size paint can as a baby shower gift for an Afircan-American family in our church. When I look at all the baby-themed stuff out there, it all seems so white/caucasian to me. I'm doing a blue color washed paper with a quote and some embellies. Ladies of color, is there something I can do pun) that will make it more ethnic-friendly? Or am I just thinking too much about this?

BTW: I'm putting a mom's survival kit inside: Baby Tylenol, Gas drops, and teething tablets.
    Laura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, this might sound really dumb, so if it does, please forgive me. I am altering a quart size paint can as a baby shower gift for an Afircan-American family in our church. When I look at all the baby-themed stuff out there, it all seems so white/caucasian to me. I'm doing a blue color washed paper with a quote and some embellies. Ladies of color, is there something I can do pun) that will make it more ethnic-friendly? Or am I just thinking too much about this?

BTW: I'm putting a mom's survival kit inside: Baby Tylenol, Gas drops, and teething tablets.
    Laura

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura, i love your idea.. i'm going to steal it!! The baby book i made for my friend, the ladies in our church are throwing a shower for her in May!!! (and i thought, i missed it!) LOL I think i'll do this.. cute idea!! thanks, chica..

unfortunatley, i have no advise for you.. sorry.. p/s i think whatever you do will be fine. color shouldn't matter Heehee especially among friends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed it too when I started looking to do something for my cousin. My Aunt adopted a um well mixed raced boy who's Autistic and an African-American girl. I saw some stamps that were more ethnic in the TAC catalogue that I circled for when I win the lotto.

I think whatever you do will be fine though I've got baby feet and hand print stamps, that would look cute. Find more general stuff that doesn't look either way like It's a Boy (assuming with the blue

Ziggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura, I think if you just use "generic" baby stuff it will be fine. Where are Tanisha and Yolanda? They could definitely let you know.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never thought of baby stuff to be any ethnic backround. It all just looks babyish to me.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taffy, Please theive away!
    Laura