Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was over at my brothers last weekend trying to get shots of the DGD's in the pool but it was really hard to see the LCD screen on my digital and it doesn't have a regular viewfinder. Does anyone have any tips on how to see the LCD in bright sun? I managed a couple of shots but by pure luck.
    Thanks,
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My camera doesn't have a viewfinder either. I had a lot of trouble with my Sony outside, but my Nikon screen is a lot brighter and larger. I usually try to hold the camera with one hand and sort of cover the camera with my other hand to block the sun and put the screen in the shade. It helps.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I take pictures and the sun won't let me see the screen I just point and shot. With it being digital I don't worry about bad pictures can just delete them. I've gotten some awesome shots this way. Of course I've had many I had to delete but it's not a biggy and worth the effort just trying.
    Donna

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see mine in the sun either. I just do what I can and like Donna, delete what didn't work right, lol.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess i'm lucky, mine does have a viewfinder. I do a lot of pointing and shooting, and some deleting. Glad I have the viewfinder.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine has a view finder, but I seldom use it...too small for my eyes and the glasses get in the way.
    Have you checked to see if the brightness can be increased. Mine has an adjustment that lets me increase the brightness of the viewfinder, making it easier to see outdoors. The downside is that it uses batteries much more quickly this way.
    If it is particularly sunny and I still can't see, I 'cup' my hand to shade the view finder. And it that doesn't work...I just aim as best I can and shoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My DH insisted that my camera have a view finder and to be honest, I use it all the time when taking outdoor photos. I do what illlinimom says and try to cup my hand around the screen, but my subject(s) are usually moving so I always shoot a bunch of photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an attachment that you can buy to put over your LCD for exactly that - BUT, I don't remember what it is called. I'm sure if even if you go to Wally World (aka walmart) or Target, etc. they probably sell a generic one.

CHEAPER VERSION: What I also have used iS tinted vinyl that sticks to the LCD but does no harm and is a lot cheaper. It also protects it. In fact, the vinyl had come on a new cell phone and covered the cell phone LCD and I used it on my camera. Just trimmed it up to fit my camera LCD.

Hope this helps.
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a GREAT suggestion Dawn!!! I am going to try this. I know we have some of that vinyl downstairs!!!! THANKS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a pop-up shade at Circuit City for $10. Fits beautifully and does help. Made by Delkin.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham