Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anybody did a page where they did have photos? I a friend that I want to make a book for something small like 10 pages but I have only known her for about 5 months and she will be moving soon. But I really want her to remember the time she spent here. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this? or would it be weird to start taking photos? She NOT the scrapbooking type but she loves photos and small momentos of everywhere she lives. Any imput would be great.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anybody did a page where they did have photos? I a friend that I want to make a book for something small like 10 pages but I have only known her for about 5 months and she will be moving soon. But I really want her to remember the time she spent here. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this? or would it be weird to start taking photos? She NOT the scrapbooking type but she loves photos and small momentos of everywhere she lives. Any imput would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a page for a challenge of scrapbooking a memory. Here's a link if you want to take a look.

http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6921964...361021762#2361021762

There are a bunch of other peoples posts as well. Take a look.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a link to the beginning of that post so you could see several non-photo layouts.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great page. And a wonderful story, that was cute. kids a great huh? Thank you so much for sharing that with us. You haved helped me so much to scrap a memory. I would have never thought of that. Thanks!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never would have done that page if it wasn't for Gracie who posted that challenge. It made me realize how important Journaling is. I am not much of a writer and it is the most difficult part of scrapbooking for me. I need to do more of these, because there are so many things that happen with the kids that I will forget if I don't get them on paper!

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also participated in that challenge (thanks to Gracie). It has helped me tremendously with other memories. I was at a crop a few weeks ago and did a layout for my book of me. It was about my love for music. Another woman there looked at it and said where are you putting the pictures? The whole concept was lost on her. Oh well.

Sherri

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a pictures of places-like your home, her home, places important to her- and things- for example a coffee cup if y'all had coffee together, a pile of receipts and price tags, if you guys shopped together- things like that added here and there to your journaling would be nice too!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to do something like a altered book with childhood memories. Games Movies swimming music Playing Tv with Antennas sleeping three in a bed. Playing out a dusk catching fireflies. Daddylong legs.Ladybugs. etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great suggestions, ladies! I'm in the slow process of doing a small album all about my town. So, there are pictures - but more about memories than anything else - so lots of journaling. Janice, your friend will be very pleased with her gift - what a thoughtful momento for her to take with her!

Another idea is to use a seperate word for each page (as the large title) - journal, add emblishments, etc. Like, "Friendship" "Virginia" use a date: 8/4/2007 (for something that might have been special) "555-5555" (your phone number and journal about some fun phone converstions or the interruptions) - "Fort Belvoir" (adding some of it's history) you get the idea.

Good luck - sam