Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who have little boys you will probably relate to this story. As you know, little boys are notorious when it comes to cause and affect. They want to 'know' what happens when something is done. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, either my DH or I pick up our 5 YO DGS from school and take him home to his house. Today when DH picked him up from school his teacher was very amused at what happened today. There is a little girl in his kindergarten class and he and she do not get along very well. Today the teacher sat them down together at the same table. The little girl told our DGS that he better not touch her or she will slug him. Being a boy, he was curious as to whether this would actually happen. So he put his finger on her arm. She repeated her story to him and he again put his finger on her arm. This was repeated several times and finally, true to her word, she hauled off and slugged him. Not knowing our DGS you may not find this amusing, but DH and I were rolling on the floor laughing when he relayed this story to me from the teacher. Today was truly a testing of cause and rewarded with affect . Of course, we did not laugh while DGS was around and DH had the "we keep our hands to ourselves" talk with him on the way home, but this one is definetly going in the grandma and grandpa childhood memories of DGS book.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is just great I was laughing just thinking about it. tfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So like a little boy, pushing till he gets an answer. And so funny to those of us who have had little boys or have DGS. That was the best chuckle I've had all day.
    Judith

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My boy is nearly 30 and yes I can remember days like that.
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I wish you knew how many times a day I face this (she says as she walks out the door to go and teach her per-K class)! You and your DH were very wise to take it so well, I wish more parents did!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there are just some things that go with childhood . DGS was prodding that one on too, lol! She 'did' tell him 'not' to touch her.

They also had a little run in a couple of weeks ago together. I don't know what this little girl is thinking when she says stuff! They were at recess and the little girl says to DGS, "I'll bet you can't hit me. See if you can hit me." DGS is trying his best to tune her out, but after a few times of this DGS calmly proceeds to hit her. This, of course, is a serious lesson to be taught to DGS. DH has the "boys never hit girls" talk with him and we both have the "we never hit or hurt anyone" talk with him, "even if they ask us to". We also grounded him that night from playing any video games which he loves (he was staying with us for that two weeks while mommy was out of town on business). Every single day on the way to school we went over a set of rules for behavior in school with him. He can now tell you those rules himself, lol! He is a pretty good little boy, but there are just those times in life when being only five, ya just don't know how to handle a situation. That's where mom and dad or grandma and grandpa come in to teach those things. He had never had anyone tell him to hit them before so in his five year old mind he was just obliging the request. Needless to say, that little girl learned a little about cause and affect that day too .

The teacher understands this is a real learning time for five year olds- even if they did go to pre-k, which DGS did, and told DH that these two now have a 'mutual' respect for each other, lol! She was just so tickled at those two. It's good that his teacher can maintain a sense of humor about childhood too. It's such a shame when people take normal childhood events out of context and blow them up out of proportion. It all comes down to 'kids will be kids' and they have to be taught along the way as new experiences come up for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What great stories to document. I had to laugh at both of them and cause and affect is correct. TFS
    bonnie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, these are just too funny. You've got me rotflmao!! How I can remember times like these with my ds & my dgs'. I'm afraid when I was little I was like that little girl just daring him to hit me. Unfortunately, I have a dd just like that too. She's 40 now & is still like that!
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barb, I'm laughing so hard i'm crying!!! I don't have to know your grandson; i know my own boys!! They'd have done the exact same thing, LOLOLOLOL
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! I think it is so typical of little boys. The love they have for cause and affect is often a source of laughter around here with DGS. So much so that I keep a journal of the funny things that he does or says. Over the years, stories can be lost and so I want to make sure that I preserve them for us and for him. Besides, will be great reading material for his children someday, lol!

I have to admit that I laughed until I cried too when DH told me this story from the teacher .