Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XMas tree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Joke Everything on My Christmas tree cost $1.00. With exception of the tree topper and the Tree itself.

I have always wanted a pretty Christmas tree but when I have went to the store all of the ornaments cost to much. This year I vowed to have a cute Christmas tree as a Christmas gift to myself. I already had the tree, lights and the topper (my inspiration) Also every year my husband buys me a photo frame ornament from things remembered. so Gold was my inspiration
    The tree is so pretty in person the photo doesn't do the tree justice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know my star is lop-sided I am home alone and it is not a good idea to climb up chair or ladders when you are alone.

1. cost one dollar each I got 6 (dollar store at the mall.)
    2. 2 cost $1.00 each at the family dollar store bought 6.
    3. Got these at Micheals for 88 cents each i bought 12
    4 you have seen these at the dollar store They come in a clear bucket with like 4 in a box...I got 3-5 boxes

Aslo all of the sprial twiggs I got at Michels not sure how much but a bundle was 60% Off wasn't much more than $

The ribbon I bought at the dallor store as well

Oh best of all none of these are NOT breakable....good for kids good for cat...

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow!!! what a beautiful tree you have!!!! Great job on the bargain shopping

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a wonderful tree. You got a great deal. love everything. I always buy extras when everything goes 75% off after christmas. This is awesome. looks outstanding.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job, Stacy! A beautiful tree. I've always had a tree even in the early days of our marriage. That 1st yr, we went out & chopped a tree down in some farmer's pasture. That was back when you could actually do that & not get arrested. I couldn't afford ornaments so I bought a yd of felt for about 50 cents and some glitter & made my own. I still have some of those. Each year I would just add a few more until now I have more Christmas decorations than I know what to do with.

You have a great start. Next yr just buy one more set of ornaments & before you know it, you'll have more than you know what to do with too.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stacy, Love your "bargain" tree. The "ting" really adds so much to the look. It doesn't need to cost a fortune to have a lovely theme tree.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stacy,
    Great job, you don't need no expensive onnaments just lots of imagination and $$ stores. Few years back went to small tree 3 foot and bought ornaments after xmas and dollar store.
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did a great job on your tree. I'll bet the baby loves it , and the rest of your family. You go girl!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stacy your tree is beautiful and you are so ingenious. I remember the first tree we had when I got married, no money, no ornaments etc, etc. Well, we cut a tree from the woods around us (as Judy said, that was back when you could do that) and I decorated it with all the Christmas cards I had saved through the years. Wish I had a picture of it now. You be sure to take a picture of yours because it is really lovely.
    Mickie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stacy, Your tree is gorgeous. I was at a dollar store today and admired all the beautiful ornaments they have. We don't put a tree up anymore. When my daughter was young and I was married to her dad who was Christian I loved decorating for Christmas. Now a days I decorate the house with a snowman theme once Hanukah is over and Hanukah decorations are put away. So hopefully this weekend I will get to do it.

I love the holidays and can't wait to start baking cookies.

Hopefully more people will share there holiday decorations with us.

Hugs,
    Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!