Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Software delema

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my husband and I separated he did a little messing around on my computer and infected a key Windows file with a virus. It completely crashed out my C drive and I had to reinstall Windows. I lost ALL my programs. Luckly, all of my photos and important things like that were on another drive that was able to be salvaged. He has all the install cd's for everything and is not going to give them up. Since then, I have been trying to recover all my lost data.
    I finally got Office reinstalled on my computer just last night (which just happened to be our wedding anniversary ). I have Photoshop 6 and ACDSee now (it was the best I could do) and I am going to be installing them tonight. I'm not realy familiar with them. I am also downloading all the patches I need to fix the scanner so I can start using it again.
    As far as for scrapbooking these are the only things that I have to work with. I am wanting to find some other things that I could use, but I'm in a serious crunch on funds so this limits things alot. Do any of you ladies know of some links for free software that has been helpful to you with your scrapping? One in particular I am looking for is a stitching (photo) program, but ANYTHING at this point would be helpful.
    TIA for any help.

Tracie

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my husband and I separated he did a little messing around on my computer and infected a key Windows file with a virus. It completely crashed out my C drive and I had to reinstall Windows. I lost ALL my programs. Luckly, all of my photos and important things like that were on another drive that was able to be salvaged. He has all the install cd's for everything and is not going to give them up. Since then, I have been trying to recover all my lost data.
    I finally got Office reinstalled on my computer just last night (which just happened to be our wedding anniversary ). I have Photoshop 6 and ACDSee now (it was the best I could do) and I am going to be installing them tonight. I'm not realy familiar with them. I am also downloading all the patches I need to fix the scanner so I can start using it again.
    As far as for scrapbooking these are the only things that I have to work with. I am wanting to find some other things that I could use, but I'm in a serious crunch on funds so this limits things alot. Do any of you ladies know of some links for free software that has been helpful to you with your scrapping? One in particular I am looking for is a stitching (photo) program, but ANYTHING at this point would be helpful.
    TIA for any help.

Tracie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello friend. First of all, I am so sorry for your dilemma. These situations are never easy but even worse when one just won't behave. Now, let's see what we can do. You might check your camera's software. Mine has a photostitch option in it. I also got a freeware called Panorama Maker with some paper I purchased. I'm guessing you may have some luck with Google "free downloads" for other software. And, if you're interested in any digital, there's a great new mag. called Digital Scrapbooking by Simple Scrapbooks. They have oodles of ideas and hints especially on their website at www.digitalscrapbooking.com
    Good luck to you and hang in there. One day or one hour at a time. Blessings.
    Ms. Merry

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Photoshop not have a stitching program? Elements does, but I'm not sure how old your version is, so maybe it doesn't. I'll do some checking and let you know what I find.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't find much, but I found this page with an evaluation of different photo-stitch options.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/panoramic-software.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reminder on why I enjoy being an old maid.

Don't forget that there are free anti-spyware and anti-virus programs available, but be careful...some sites promote those programs as free, but they actually install malware on your machine. I typically go through www.pcworld.com and get the links to the programs there to make sure that I'm going to the legitimate site and not one with a deliberately similar name.
    Victoria