Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I'm such a good customer, ebay has sent me an email saying I can be a seller with no listing fees, use a gallery picture, and start at 9.99 or less. I have a few odds and ends that I would love to sell, but is it worth it? How much, on average, does ebay take per sale? I know the money is made is s/h fees, but I'm reluctant to dive in. Any advice?
    Laura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura,
    I personally have not done this but my DH and DS has done alot of this and has been good for them both. Give it a try and see what happens. The one thing I do know they do not ship till the money is in their hands. Good luck keep us posted on your adventure.

Diana
    Diana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eBay has tons of info in their help files, for both buying and selling. It's a pain to wade through it all, but one ignores it at their own risk!

Here's the page on the basic auction fees.

There is even more information that they provide that is worth reading before starting. eBay can be a great tool, but it can also be the source of much pain if things don't go well.

Good luck!
    Red Rubber Designs
    www.RedRubberDesigns.com
    ~*~*~*~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sold a bunch of stuff on ebay. I have some things I've learned.
    1. First of all, and this is a biggy, when you set up your paypal account it'll ask you if you want the premier account. This is so you can accept credit card payments. I don't advise this unless you have a lot of large ticket items. What happens is that you get charged extra money (a percentage, I think) of the sale on top of regular paypal fees. Now that would be okay if it just was for credit card payments, but if you have the premier acct. then it charges those fees to you regardless of how the buyer pays. I learned my lesson on that and downgraded to the basic one.
    (You can only downgrade once). Make sure you put in your listing "I accept paypal, but I do not take any credit card payments"
    2. When you price your item make sure you cover yourself for listing fees (I know you have a promotion, but for future), and paypal fees, and also shipping fees.
    3. Check the buyers feedback. You need someone who will actually pay for the item and not make you lose fees by having to relist it after they've won the bid.
    4. Use a gallery photo - they're cheap and really helps the item get looked at.

I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of, but those came to mind right away.

Also, check out Craigs list. There aren't any fees to use it.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold baby boy clothes during the month of October last year...set a parameter for myself. Easy to ship and easy to list. I don't think I made enough to make it worth my while. I decided to drive down the Interstate and toss each piece out and enjoy my free time after that.

Just kidding.

If you have some things that you might get something for, then try it. I suggest you see what's already out there like that though. I had a precious 9 month old Baby GAP denim jacket but so did 1000 other people and NO bids on any of them. I put it with some other things and sold it as a lot although I don't think that was worth it either.

Good luck and let us know. We might want to bid!

Laura
    "Thank ewe, thank you so much." Brenda Lee Johnson, The Closer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been awhile since i've sold anything on ebay and pretty sure alot has changed in the meantime, Just make sure you cover all your expenses and if someone sends you a Personal Check or even a MO make sure it Clears BEFORE you send out their item. and DC is always a good idea to make sure the person actually recieved the item.

Also one hint you may want to take a picture of the item just befoer you ship it out (if possible take a pic of it in the packaging). I had a friend that shipped out "A LOT" of items and the buyer complained that half the items were missing and gave a neg feedback.

good luck and let us know how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Cass17:
    1. Make sure you put in your listing "I accept paypal, but I do not take any credit card payments"
    I think ebay has changed its policy on putting this on listings. They cancelled one of my auctions because I had that on there. There is some kind of rule about it that you should probably check into. I had to upgrade to a premier account because of the rule.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't sold anything on e-bay. But I have bought. and here is my only negative . This is real embersing. I collected Beanie Babies, and I bought a bennie babie on line and gave a lot of money. IT WAS A FAKE. I was out of town when I recieved it and it was about a mont when I got home. Somehow I had forgot about it until I got a e-mail from someone who also got one and she had e-mailed me to tell me it was a fake. In all this mess I didn't get my money back. So I had a bear that was fake. But I got the last laugh. We had a storage building broke into last Feb. while we was in branson, and thats another story. But one of the things they stole was that %^$$ Beanie baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was planning to try selling my craft supplies from my craft business on ebay, but I may change my mind. I think I'll check out Craig's list.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now you're talking my game. I adore Craig's List. I was on there everyday when I lived in Boston and it was getting hot in San Antonio before I moved. Give that a try!

Laura
    "Thank ewe, thank you so much." Brenda Lee Johnson, The Closer