Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a memory that when your parents talk about you roll your eyes, cringe, or say please not again. It could be a nickname, a funny saying a trip to the Dr.etc. I have several but here is one that I always laugh at. When I was little I was REAL skinny and my clothes would fall off. I also had to wear My sister Trevas hand me downs. We didn't have ac so in the summer I wore Treva panties to bed. My sister and I also had to sleep in the living room on the rollaway bed and everybody could see us. When I walked around my panties would droop and i would have to keep them up with my hand so they wouldn't fall off. My Daddy started calling me DROOPY DRAWERS and it stuck. Even When I was a grown woman my dad would call me that and he would laugh.

PLEASE SCRAP IT FOR YOUR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story is too cute! Names do stick and so do the stories. My Dad who rarely shares anything sentimental, will tell a story of me as I was being potty trained. The story goes that I was about 2 and came running in the house yelling "potty, potty go" but had already gone...lol Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My parents are both gone, but one story they told about me was when I was about 6 or 7.

They heard talking coming from my room in the middle of the night, and when they went in to see what was going on...the story goes:

I was sitting up cross legged in the bed passing out something to people who weren't there. I'd say "here's one for you, and one for you and one for you..." etc,apparantly this went on for quite awhile when suddenly I said "and ONE for me!!" . They said what ever it was I was hugging it and just smiling from ear to ear I was so happy to have IT!

I was quite the sleep walker & talker!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother who is a year older than I am and has two young daughter's always tells his daughters to go ask Aunt Bonnie about stories of him growing up, because he doesn't have the best memory growing up.

My parents at one time before we moved to Hawaii when I was 8, owned a small cafe in the tideflats of Tacoma - industrial/shipping area. My brother and I would have to go help out on Saturday mornings. I would always order a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and we would sit there and watch Saturday morning shows and specifically I remember the Bugaloos and HR Puf 'n Stuf.

Okay I digress, I'm sorry. Because we would get bored while waiting for my parents, despite having to use the commerical dishwasher to help out at the Treasure Chest Cafe, we would go outside and next door was some kind of business that had a lot of old unused pallets in their yard across the alley and we would play in that area, climbing pallets. Among the pallets were old rusting parts, empty paint containers etc.

My brother was swinging one of the empty paint cans around and thinking how cool centrifical force is (he grew up to be a science / math teacher - go figure), as I was standing near him. I think you can see where this is going...the paint can wasn't quite empty and when the momentum of him swinging it around in circles slowed down, the paint flew out and hit me smack in the face. Mind you this is industrial paint, not your typical house paint and it was GREEN!

He knew he was in oh so much trouble so he tried to wash the paint off with mud puddle water - nope, not coming off. I then had to walk in the restaurant in front of customers with a lot of green paint on my face, in my hair and all over my favorite yellow/green plaid poncho. One of the customers commented, "Look at the Martian, Look at the Martian".

My dad wound up having to use turpentine to remove the paint off my face, I had to get my hair cut, because the paint would not come out of my hair and my favorite poncho was ruined. I don't know if my brother was ever really punished for this incident or not, but I certainly remember it.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROFL too cute. I can just see you and I bet it was a mess.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was about 9 or 10, my daddy took me shopping for mom's Christmas gift and made me promise not to tell.(He took the wrong kid!) About a week later, mom started teasing daddy about her gift....we were sitting at the dinner table.....I stuck my arm under the table and said........"It's a little thing on your arm that goes Tick! Tick! Tick!...all the while pointing under the table at my wrist. To this day "I didn't tell her WHAT it was!" I just gave her a broad hint!!
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we would sit there and watch Saturday morning shows and specifically I remember the Bugaloos and HR Puf 'n Stuf.
    OMG Bonnie, I LOVED these shows. I can still sing the theme song for the Bugaloos.

Well my story goes:

The setting is at our family home when I was 3 yo and my Mom lost me. She could not find me anywhere! She was panicing after about an hour of not being able to find me, then my Dad pulled into the driveway. She screamed at him, "I can't find Karen". He is like, "what do you mean you can't find Karen". Just then Dad remembered seeing a cute little blonde hair girl riding her Big Wheel on the side walk about a mile down the road, not realizing at the time, it was me. He immediately jumped in his truck and retrieved me safe and sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by jujuann:
    Tick! Tick! Tick!
    GEE, I wonder what that could be? Too funny, TFS.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karen, how very scary for your parents. I am glad they found you.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are hilarious!!

My story is from when I was in high school actually 16, it was almost the last day of school and my mom was letting me drive her SUV and I had driven a few times but was still scared. I looked back to make sure no one was behind me and there were a few kids there adn I put the car in what I thought was reverse and waited for them to get by. Needless to say it was drive and I plowed right thru my parents bedroom with her truck. I started crying and freaking out. I atually didn't get in trouble but I had to go to driving school. My boyfriend heard about it thru friends and bought me a keychain that said Graduate of the Hellen Keller Driving School. The funny thing, our house has plastic siding and they no longer made the same color. It is now 2 different colors of off white. So the story gets brought up quite often whenever one of the kids ask why the house is different colors.