Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Journaling

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought. As I look back at my first books, I see that my journaling is sparse & some of the memories or thoughts that I have about those pics are forgotten or simply not written down b/c I did not think they were important.
    I make myself journal on all my pages now b/c someday those are the pages that will mean something to people... the pics tell only part of the story and the pages are pretty, yes... but I feel such a need to tell the stories now.
    Has anyone else noticed that?
    Or, how else has your scrapping evolved since you started?
    TFS
    Maria
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought. As I look back at my first books, I see that my journaling is sparse & some of the memories or thoughts that I have about those pics are forgotten or simply not written down b/c I did not think they were important.
    I make myself journal on all my pages now b/c someday those are the pages that will mean something to people... the pics tell only part of the story and the pages are pretty, yes... but I feel such a need to tell the stories now.
    Has anyone else noticed that?
    Or, how else has your scrapping evolved since you started?
    TFS
    Maria
    TALLIES 2017
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:

Maria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your experience is my experience. I never thought that I would forget information about photos taken. Wrong!!!

and not that I am older and a grandma, I have such a sense of urgency to write down much of my life memories and thoughts that are in the interest of my family and grandkids. So, I am beginning to put lots of pocket-type cards and tags on most of my layouts that tell facts and stories.

My handwriting is not good as I have had four hand surgeries...but I do what I can to record stuff in my own handwriting. I also type a lot of family history in a nice font.

I will get the info, but there is also a site on the internet who will copy your handwriting into your own specialized font. I am looking into that to do. This would allow one to type but have it look like their own script. Cool, huh?

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I consider journaling to be one of the most important aspects of scrapbooking. I always tell new scrappers to include the who, what, when & where as their bare minimum.
    I have my grandmother's photo album that dates back to the 1920's. I cherish it but it's just a photo album. There is no journaling. I've been able to identify some of the pictures but not most of them. Since my mother & grandmother are both gone now, I will probably never know who some of the pics are of. I'm determined that mine will be different. I, too, journal on every page or lo.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying to incorporate journaling on every page that I do as well. Sometimes I just get so stuck though!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TFS Ladies...
    Cindy, your kids are a little younger than mine and the things I wish I'd written in their books are the little things... how I loved their smell, whether they were grumpy in the morning, did they like to nap or not... just write to your children...what you want them to remember about that time and place in their lives.
    Their early books were mostly just factual... time and place...I talk to them more now in my journaling.
    TALLIES 2017
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:

Maria

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've found my journaling to deplete instead of the opposite of ya'lls.. (ya'lls? is that a word?!?!? LOL) anyway.. I used to journal WAY MORE than i do now.. my journaling has gotten to be one liners and very bleak.. and well, boring. LOL i need to spice things up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fairly new to scrapping, but I love to write so I have been including lots of info. on my pages since I started. I knew that I wanted to preserve the memories when I started so it just came naturally to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with y'all (or should I say you all, since I'm a yankee according to the test - LOL) about journaling. Luckily, when I started scrapbooking our 35 years of photos, I was given all the letters I had written my MIL which included all the cute stories/happenin's about the family. They went into the albums "as is", and helped refresh the ole brain about the boxes of photos I was scrapping. And now I journal all our trips along the way and those pages go in the trip albums as well.

sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes thepictures I use just need a story to tell why they are included. I did a page yesterday that had everyone in DS's pre-K class. I wrote on the back of the page somethings that just wouldn't have worked on the main page. The info's there, but not taking away from the page.
    Laura