Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Does anyone have a good back ground page for rain. I have a few photos of my uncle and son in the rain. I just could not find a good idea for the main page blue or white did not look right but I don't have any cool ideas for a background. can any one help me.

Does anyone have a good back ground page for rain. I have a few photos of my uncle and son in the rain. I just could not find a good idea for the main page blue or white did not look right but I don't have any cool ideas for a background. can any one help me.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I have a few ideas you could use. you could cut out a large umbrella and post the phots on top of it pick a color that is in the photos like if your son was wearing a yellow shirt, something like that. Or what I did when my twins were caught playing in the rain was I took white paper and the got a cup of water and put a few drops of blue food coloring and dipped my fingers in it and shook them on the page to look like rain drops it looke pretty neat when it was done then. I cut out some of the photos to look like rain drops and others to look like clouds. Hope this gives you a few ideas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard of something called liquid crystal on the diy message boards. From what they said, I think that would work for you. That way you can make rain drops around the pictures. Hope this helps.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did a page of my ds's dancing in the rain. I am at work, so I don't have a picture or the the name of the paper company..but I found yellow and light blue umbrella, boots and 3D rain drops...I found paper that was 3D one had checks in tans and blue and the other was 3D strips in tans and blue and my background was a tan...I used Yellow for the title and glazed them with crystal effects and let them dry standing up, so drops formed at the bottom of the letters.

Jennifer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never heard of Liquid crystals before it is hard to use? How would you use it. Jennifer you mentioned crystal effects would that be the same as liquid crystals? can any one give me nore info on this it sounds neat.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The liquid crystals sound neat were do you find them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never used it or seen it, I've only read about it on another forum. I would check with your local scrapbook store if you've got one. Or a local arts and crafts store. Hope this helps.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy the paper that looks like swimming pool water. That would make a good back ground for a rainy day lay out.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karen foster makes paper that is dark blue with water droplets on it. It starts at 0.65 cents a sheet for 12 x 12. Its really pretty. I used in a monochromatic layout featuring my oldest daughter for her first swim lessons. If you have lss other than Michael's, Joann's, or Hobby Lobby, you should be able to locate it. I belive the link listed below should show you what the paper looks like.

http://stampingfriends.com/gallery/s...oto=97&cat=504
    samantha