Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beginner's ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to alter a piece of chipboard to go on a card but have no idea how to even begin. This is the card and the piece - thought I would put it diagonally over the blue/purple part.
    Help!!!!!!
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about a pc if cake and then some fiber or ribbon. If you have that stamp from m's that says it's your day that would look cute stamped and put on there and then fiber.
    Also how about the # of the bday stamped and then put on the pc with fiber (i.e 36)or even the yr or day and month.
    hope that helps.
    Donna

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Select a piece of PP that you want to cover the chipboard with. Use spray adhesive on the back of your piece of PP and then adhere it to the top of the chipboard swirl. Use a craft knife or sharp pair of scissors to cut away the excess paper and then sand the edges of the chipboard to make a perfect fit.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also paint the swirl or use rubons on the swirl.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or if the colors are close ... they look it on my computer but I know how it changes the shades... you could just ink the edges. I also run a marker around the edges of the chip board before attaching the pp to it or to match the paper or the ink edges.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of rubons? I am trying some foil that came with a Christmas craft I bought looooonnnng time ago. So far it's not covering completely. Maybe it's too old or maybe not the right kind. Can't find any pp in my stash that I like with this and I am trying to use scraps up.
    I'll keep playing.
    Thanks for the ideas.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the card and the piece - thought I would put it diagonally over the blue/purple part.
    I like your idea - if it were mine, I'd cover the chipboard 1/2 and 1/2 with the opposite color of cardstock that it'll be laying on. And then Maybe put a white brad in the center of the very botton curl of the chipboard (so it sits inside of the chipboard and right on the paper & ties in the white background of the above paper).

When I do chipboard covers, I trace the chipboard onto the paper then cut it out - for me it's easier than cutting after it's been adhered. Just a thought.

sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by ScrappySam:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is the card and the piece - thought I would put it diagonally over the blue/purple part.
    I like your idea - if it were mine, I'd cover the chipboard 1/2 and 1/2 with the opposite color of cardstock that it'll be laying on. And then Maybe put a white brad in the center of the very botton curl of the chipboard (so it sits inside of the chipboard and right on the paper & ties in the white background of the above paper).

When I do chipboard covers, I trace the chipboard onto the paper then cut it out - for me it's easier than cutting after it's been adhered. Just a thought.

sam </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, great idea on tracing first, cutting and then adhering. I rarely work with chipboard, however, I remember doing this when I was involved in the puzzle swap.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it ended up not being an altered embelly after all. Traced the swirl and cut it out and just attached as is.
    Thanks for all the ideas, though. Now I will have some idea for next time.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well looks like you've added paper to it.

It looks very nice

Ziggy