Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FLORAL PAPER SCULPTURE is the name I have given to a combination of Floral Punch Craft which was created by Leone Em and other forms of Floral Punch Art, eg. The Paper Garden by Susan Tierney Cockburn and Hawaiian Punch Craft by Janice Nishimoto. Combining these different styles along with my own has given me immense pleasure and one I am happy to share with you all. Initially this craft can be quite daunting but I urge you not to try rush into it by thinking you have to buy this punch and that punch until you have a huge collection like I do. Just take things slowly because whether you become really good at the craft or not, you will definetly learn a lot and be able to incorporate that knowledge into your scrapbooking and cardmaking.

FPS is the art of making beautiful life like flowers from paper. We use paper that is between 20 - 24 pound in weight.. in Australia we use the weight 80 - 100 gsm. To help you get a better idea.. it's the same weight paper that you would use in your printer to print a letter. You can use thicker paper but once you get up to using light weight card stock it becomes harder and harder to mould the shapes. We use craft punches to punch the shapes and then they are either used as they are or by trimming them first. I will go into all this in much more detail later.

I have taken a look at some other type of 'online crops/classes' and right from the start they have you making something.. with the first few classes in FPS you will not be making any flowers but learning the different 'characters' that make your creations come to life. Giving 'character' to your shapes is what gives them LIFE LIKENESS and I cannot stress it strongly enough the importance of learning the different characters and then PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. Take it slow.. and I am sure you will be making beautiful flowers in no time at all.

To start off I want to tell you about the TOOLS used in FPS. Some of these tools you may already have. I will go over each tool and tell you what they are used for and IF there is an alternate item you can use. Then I'll give you a list of the most needed PUNCHES. My suggestion is that you strive to get just a few punches to start off with and see how you go. I will also be giving you the names and contact details of some places in the USA where you can get almost everything you need.. from books, tools, punches and paper.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... I DO NOT CARE how many times you need to ask a question.. I will be happy to help you in any way I can. Just be patient with me.. There are a lot of you interested and so sometimes it may take a little longer to answer some questions.. Some will be straight forward but others I may need to do an illustration for you. By asking questions so everyone else can see will be useful for all because your question may well be something someone else was going to ask.

Having said all that.. here we go. THE TOOLS used in FLORAL PAPER SCULPTURE................

DEET
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moulding Tool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shape Mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tweezers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moulding Mat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be quite a few places in the USA that will sell these tools.. I will find out a few more but for now.. one place that does sell MOST of them as well as the punches is FRANTIC STAMPER

http://www.franticstamper.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone finds these tools at a store (not online) can you post where and what dept.? I'm hoping Michaels, Joanns or ACMoore have them so we can get them by Sunday night.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cass, I know you can get the scissors at walmart. I just got a pair there about a month ago. Also for shape mate... I have two embossing tools... from Fiskars (they came two in package)... so that is 4 different round balls... hope these will work. I also got these at my local craft store...but I have seen them at WalMart too. Angie.. you might let me know if you think these will work...thanks
    Nancy

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they come in sets I think this is two different sets here. I didn't put all the pieces in the sets in this pic but you get the idea.