Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am going to be working on a scrapbook that focuses on the beach when we get back from our little vacatio to Florida. Does anyone have any suggestions, pros or cons, etc.. about putting sand on the scrapbook pages? I want to have sand from the beach in the scrapbook somehow, but am not really sure how to do it so it will last, not make a mess and not damage the hard work I put into the book?

I am going to be working on a scrapbook that focuses on the beach when we get back from our little vacatio to Florida. Does anyone have any suggestions, pros or cons, etc.. about putting sand on the scrapbook pages? I want to have sand from the beach in the scrapbook somehow, but am not really sure how to do it so it will last, not make a mess and not damage the hard work I put into the book?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a beach page in my babys book. I used glue for the sand. It can get messy so make sure you have enough space. What I did was plan where the photos where going to go, then I rubbed glue on the page where I wanted sand, after I put the sand on the glue kind of thick, I let it set for a bout 5 minutes, then I knocked of any extra on to a clean paper to save for something else. I took the smallest shells I could find and glued them on the page by the photos. It will take a while for it to dry to be able to work on something else.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ladies have great ideas I have been scrapping for years now and never even thought of Sand for my beach pages. I guess it never crossed my mind. Maybe because I want to wash it all off and get it out of your shoes so fast, never thought about saving it. But thanks to you ladies I have a new thinking about sand....I love any scrapbooking supply that is FREE know what I mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use the double stick tape that has the red backing on it. It is supposed to be really strong. If you are doing a album of the vacation, you could have bits of sand all the way through, because that's what happens!
    Laura

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don t want to use sand.....use sandpaper it has a great look of sand you can tear it to mimic the beach and glue seashells, a starfish etc on it. Add a palm tree and voila! I m working on a cruise album and I m have several beach themed pages. Sherry

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all great ideas, the red line tape is the best for sticking small things like sand and it holds like nothing other!

you can make shaker boxes with the sand and add a few small shells makes a VERY cute little embellishment

you can also put the sand in tiny zip lock bags & use ribbon to hide the “zip top”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea Sherry. I bought some sand at my lss, and it is a little more fine than the sand you can pick up on the beach. I was a little worried about how the sand would "crinkle" the page protector and thought the sand I bought might work a hair better. Happy Scrapping.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use a shaker box to incorporate the sand...then you wouldn't lose the movement of the sand. Also...if you have a scanner, put a page protector on the bed, place sand on the protector, then place your photo on top of the sand....cover and scan. Built in embellishment.

I hope my idea made sense...

Jennifer

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by laurat99:
    If you are doing a album of the vacation, you could have bits of sand all the way through, because that's what happens! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great idea. I never thought about that.